Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Airy, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per a comment in the Asheville thread saying there was a Supercharger in the works for Sheetz in Mt. Airy NC, I asked my parents to ride by, as they live close to there. See below for the picture, looks essentially complete. This is right off the I-74/601 interchange, and is a few miles away from I-77.

mt_airy_supercharger.jpg

Per a comment in the Asheville thread saying there was a Supercharger in the works for Sheetz in Mt. Airy NC, I asked my parents to ride by, as they live close to there. See below for the picture, looks essentially complete. This is right off the I-74/601 interchange, and is a few miles away from I-77.

View attachment 416637

View attachment 416637
Hello
My dad who lives in my airy told me anout sheetz installing the chargers last week when I posted on the Asheville thread. Glad to know he wasn’t just seeing things. I

View attachment 416637

I hope Andy Griffith is smiling.

Reactions: SoGA Fan Club
Well I guess I should give you another location to check

Sheetz #647 Hillsborough NC.

Can anyone confirm that location. I don't know if they have even started construction there. My Crystal ball says there putting one there.

I found this one in my PlugShare browser. Still no photos of construction yet, and hasn’t seem to have gotten much attention on another NC Supercharger thread. Know anything about it?
1700 E Market St, Smithfield, NC 27577, United States
PlugShare

Can anyone confirm that location. I don't know if they have even started construction there. My Crystal ball says there putting one there.
That Sheetz has an Electrify America CCS/CHAdeMO installation (I think 6 stalls?) that was completed recently. I live just down the road from it. If they end up installing a Supercharger there as well, that would be pretty interesting. I can check in a few hours myself but last I saw, there was no construction and the EA implementation appeared to be complete.

I believe that's for an Electrify America location. Here's the permit. There's no subsequent permit at that address for something that could be a supercharger, so I don't think it's dual installations. But the permitting portal says it's only updated through February 2019, so it's still theoretically possible, though IMO unlikely, that Tesla had also applied after that date.

EDIT: ninja'd by Zarwin.

Reactions: Zarwin
That Sheetz has an Electrify America CCS/CHAdeMO installation (I think 6 stalls?) that was completed recently. I live just down the road from it. If they end up installing a Supercharger there as well, that would be pretty interesting. I can check in a few hours myself but last I saw, there was no construction and the EA implementation appeared to be complete.
Here is the plugshare entry: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

• Informative
I found this one in my PlugShare browser. Still no photos of construction yet, and hasn’t seem to have gotten much attention on another NC Supercharger thread. Know anything about it?
1700 E Market St, Smithfield, NC 27577, United States
PlugShare
That's a hit. Just confirmed it as a supercharger already under construction via the Johnston County building department's online search. New thread for the location: Supercharger - Smithfield, NC

• Informative
Interesting I didn't know about the Plug share site. Is this new for Sheetz?

here are two more

Sheetz Mentor Ohio #394
Sheetz Belle Vernon PA #377

Here in there home base in Reston Town center Va. I have been talking to a group who is engineering for three players at one site in Electrify would obviously be one and Tesla is another. I don't know who the third is. I can't confirm it but the power requirement is a huge problem. it could die in the conceptual phase.

Interesting I didn't know about the Plug share site. Is this new for Sheetz?

All charging locations the community knows of, so yes Sheetz locations as well

If you’re interested in downloading: ‎PlugShare

Photo shows a quick search with the name SHEETZ

Attachments

• 0B71C270-D949-4451-BF64-839F048A2D32.png
    0B71C270-D949-4451-BF64-839F048A2D32.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
here are two more

Sheetz Mentor Ohio #394
Sheetz Belle Vernon PA #377

Here in there home base in Reston Town center Va. I have been talking to a group who is engineering for three players at one site in Electrify would obviously be one and Tesla is another. I don't know who the third is. I can't confirm it but the power requirement is a huge problem. it could die in the conceptual phase.
Those 2 locations are for Electrify America installations based on EA's map and pictures uploaded on PlugShare. As for the location with 3 charging networks at it, maybe EVGo would be the third. Per a comment in another thread (I think Ashville, NC?), I guess Sheetz has partnered with them for a number of locations.