Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt Jackson, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the Martinsburg, WV Supercharger was found under construction without any indication on the Tesla web site as a Coming Soon location. I went to the Sheetz website and drove around to a couple of the spots the Sheetz site had EV Charger marked. I didn't find any evidence that day of chargers. As I was making the trip from TN back to DC area today I stopped at one of the places and sure enough, well under construction is a Supercharger at the Sheetz in Mt. Jackson, VA.

Address is
227 CONICVILLE BLVD
MT JACKSON, VA 22842

This is a very busy location, a lot of truck traffic at the intersection. This station has a fuel depot as well as a Liberty Truck Center across the street. Easy off and on from I-81 at exit 273. Pictures are from 15 Oct. Please forgive my terrible skills for marking where the chargers are on the aerial view.
Mt Jackson Sheetz.png DSC_4197.jpg DSC_4198.jpg

Wish they would put one somewhere on route 15/ route 460 near or in Farmville VA...

Like the Sheetz on Main Street.

Google Maps

Or the Hampton Inn here:

Google Maps

Also all the supplies you need to build the supercharger are across the street at the Dominion Power Company storage lot right across the street from the Hampton Inn. Just rent a forklift and some wire cutters ;)

Google Maps

Anything you can't find there can be bought at this place right up the street.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Wish they would put one somewhere on route 15/ route 460 near or in Farmville VA...

Like the Sheetz on Main Street.

Google Maps

Or the Hampton Inn here:

Google Maps

Also all the supplies you need to build the supercharger are across the street at the Dominion Power Company storage lot right across the street from the Hampton Inn. Just rent a forklift and some wire cutters ;)

Google Maps

Anything you can't find there can be bought at this place right up the street.

Google Maps

My in-laws live on the outskirts of Pamplin. having a SC in FarmVegas will make in-town charging a lot less annoying. (I think they have a 14-30 I can use. even if i range-charge in Glen Allen, I'd still have ~60% by the time I got to Pamplin, so not a showstopper....)

My in-laws live on the outskirts of Pamplin. having a SC in FarmVegas will make in-town charging a lot less annoying. (I think they have a 14-30 I can use. even if i range-charge in Glen Allen, I'd still have ~60% by the time I got to Pamplin, so not a showstopper....)
My brother lives in Farmville and my daughter goes to school at Longwood. Last time we were there for parent weekend 7 Tesla’s were down there. I ended up tapping into his 14-30 from his dryer outlet in the basement.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
My brother lives in Farmville and my daughter goes to school at Longwood. Last time we were there for parent weekend 7 Tesla’s were down there. I ended up tapping into his 14-30 from his dryer outlet in the basement.

I'm coming all the way down from Central MA, so I can definitely range-charge at Glen Allen, but then it's another ~90 miles from there, so being able to charge up to 80% in Farmville would be nice.

This is a very busy location, a lot of truck traffic at the intersection. This station has a fuel depot as well as a Liberty Truck Center across the street.

While it is nice to have another Supercharger on the 81 corridor in Virginia, the facilities/amenities leave a lot to be desired (take a look at the google street view). When I am on a road trip, often with spouse or young kids, it just plain sucks to kill time at a truck stop, mediocre hotel etc. Of the (now) 5 Superchargers along 81 in Virginia, only Bristol TN/VA has a nice selection of restaurants and is pedestrian friendly. The rest are pretty lousy in terms of food selection and hazards trying to walk a few blocks to restaurants etc (no sidewalks, busy roads to cross). Would be nice to see Tesla pick some locations that are in more of a downtown area. This would also be good for the local economy of some of these areas. I completely understand the desire to have easy access on/off the interstate but this 320 mile stretch is bleak.

Reactions: bhzmark
Amazing they got that much done without it being noticed and posted. Now they need to put one in Staunton and Roanoke and then I-81 will be covered every 80 or so miles in Virginia! And Martinsville would be great for people who like to travel US 58 along the southern border.

Reactions: dsnows
While it is nice to have another Supercharger on the 81 corridor in Virginia, the facilities/amenities leave a lot to be desired (take a look at the google street view). When I am on a road trip, often with spouse or young kids, it just plain sucks to kill time at a truck stop, mediocre hotel etc. Of the (now) 5 Superchargers along 81 in Virginia, only Bristol TN/VA has a nice selection of restaurants and is pedestrian friendly. The rest are pretty lousy in terms of food selection and hazards trying to walk a few blocks to restaurants etc (no sidewalks, busy roads to cross). Would be nice to see Tesla pick some locations that are in more of a downtown area. This would also be good for the local economy of some of these areas. I completely understand the desire to have easy access on/off the interstate but this 320 mile stretch is bleak.
I’m with you. I was kinda hoping they would put these at natural bridge or like you said in a downtown area. The problem with downtown areas is the local city folks are usually a pain to deal with.

Wytheville is great compared to, say Victoria TX. Flatonia is pretty bad, too. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm happy to have them all.
Haha have you been to Victoria since Hurricane Harvey? I was there like a week after and it felt like I had walked into the set of a post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie. The hotel had been absolutely destroyed by the hurricane and was not open. There was debris all over the parking lot. I guess they got hit by the eye wall. The superchargers did work, however!

Last edited:
Amazing they got that much done without it being noticed and posted. Now they need to put one in Staunton and Roanoke and then I-81 will be covered every 80 or so miles in Virginia! And Martinsville would be great for people who like to travel US 58 along the southern border.

That just goes to show you how many people still have no idea who or what Tesla is. 99% of the people who saw those pedestals had no idea what they were.

Bodes very well for when Tesla becomes well known.

No, not after Harvey. It's not a bad place, it's just that there isn't any food unless you want to cross a busy street to go to McDonalds. We went driving around in town looking for anything better and got pulled over by the local police for not having a front plate. I got a verbal warning and then, when the official stuff was over, the Tesla questions started coming. I think he just wanted to see the car. I offered a test drive and a referral code, but of course he could accept neither while on duty. He did say that there really just were not any great places to eat anywhere in town, though.

The LaQuinta did let me and my 60 lb dog hang out in their lobby, so that was pretty cool. It's too bad they got hit so hard.

That's a nice location. The Strasburg SC is often just too "close" for us when starting from Fairfax when we head down 81 to 'Bama. This really makes 81 in Va a very well serviced route, lots of nice SC's to choose from instead of being forced to stop in a single spot.

-Jim

I agree with you on the options to pick different series of chargers to stop at. When I'm heading down to TN from the DC area after work it will allow me to skip the Strasburg charger. I was about 10 miles short of charge to make it to Lexington even in the best weather conditions. Though at 200 miles from here to Wytheville, I still may opt to stop in Lexington then skip Wytheville to get to Bristol.

Reactions: kingjamez