Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Pleasant, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress as of today.
F2E5890D-C1D6-454C-9A0F-73592AE4BBEB.jpeg5265A4D5-E639-4018-AA56-D0836024F716.jpegE47E8EA8-BB68-469B-9BA3-E56DBEF24B99.jpeg

Anyone in the area able to check on this one? I'm guessing we are getting close.
Interested in being able to cut time for a trip from STL to Des Moines.

i can walk out my door at work and see the SC.... everythings "built" as far as tesla equipment... but not up and running yet. still needs a cleanup... and to install signs(and possibly solar panels?) and a lightpole.

Im HOPING there will be a grand opening event.... Id love to take our new Y over there, we pick it up saturday!!!

Reactions: TQCLove and bgill
A convenient visual indicator for V3 sites is the Tesla logo on the charging stands is illuminated when the stall is live and operational. This can be helpful even for existing sites to quick tell if a group of four stalls (one A-B-C-D) set is offline due to some issue with the cabinet supplying that group.

Reactions: Peelz
A convenient visual indicator for V3 sites is the Tesla logo on the charging stands is illuminated when the stall is live and operational. This can be helpful even for existing sites to quick tell if a group of four stalls (one A-B-C-D) set is offline due to some issue with the cabinet supplying that group.
Same with v2! It's been a while since I've seen one of the old v1s without the lights. I think they've mostly been phased out by now.

Thursday night, 6-11. Driving past the chargers they were lit up!
Plugged in but only got up to 84kw. So left it alone only getting 10 miles back lol Not on the network yet…

didn’t show up in my charging history either….
View attachment 671954
@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Please note: It's actually June 10th unless of course Chuq is the one to update supercharge.info :)

Thursday night, 6-11. Uhhh I mean June 10. We were Driving past the chargers they were lit up! So we Plugged in but only got up to 84kw. left it alone only getting 10 miles back lol Not on the network yet…

didn’t show up in my charging history either….
Congrats!! We live in MSP and have family in SE Iowa (Ottumwa, Keokuk) so it's awesome to see this go live (along with Waterloo)!

Reactions: frnkblk and Peelz
We stoppped and tried it!!! It’s live but we were then only ones there, and the KW were dropping…? Started high, but was down to 120. Maybe that was by design since we weren’t very low…

Anyways so nice To have this
You will see charge rate at a supercharger start high and then reduce throughout out the charge as the pack gets full, so what you describe of charge started high and dropping sounds totally normal.

You'll likely only see max rates upwards of 200-250kW when your battery is down in the range of 20 percent or so. The shape of the charge curve has changed over the years and varies on different types of packs, but a general rule many use is a SOC + kW = constant type of a relationship. I have a mid-2016 Model S and do not have a first hand sense of some rough numbers for something like a newer Model 3 or Model Y..

You will see charge rate at a supercharger start high and then reduce throughout out the charge as the pack gets full, so what you describe of charge started high and dropping sounds totally normal.

You'll likely only see max rates upwards of 200-250kW when your battery is down in the range of 20 percent or so. The shape of the charge curve has changed over the years and varies on different types of packs, but a general rule many use is a SOC + kW = constant type of a relationship. I have a mid-2016 Model S and do not have a first hand sense of some rough numbers for something like a newer Model 3 or Model Y..
Thanks for this. I’d wondered about it… I am learning. :)