Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Shasta, CA - 134 Morgan Way (LIVE 04 Jan 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But your Tesla’s navigation system will get you there without you having to know the street address. ;) No other Supercharger that I am aware of has the street address in its name as given to it by Tesla. There is no need for that because the in-car navigation will get you there.

Therein is my point. I plan my journeys before I get into the car. I use paper maps or rely upon my memory to sketch out a desired route. I then might use an on-line map to dial into the detailed street addresses if I am unfamiliar with a particular destination.

I admit to be challenged with all things modern, including the Tesla. But I do not think that the Tesla navigation system allows me to plan my course using the streets, roads, and highways that I want to take.

About all that I use the navigation system for is to ensure that I have enough buffer in the battery in order to reach my next stop, because it activates the graph on the trip tab. I then turn off the navigation, perhaps checking it once more en route to verify that I will arrive with a safe buffer.

Tesla could have been a little more sensible in this entire affair. When two locations are fifty yards apart with identical access (save a right or left turn at the very end), Tesla could easily have lumped them together under one name. Supercharger -- Mt. Shasta. Then the banner that pops up would tell the driver that there are two stations--one with four stalls at the hotel, and one with sixteen stalls directly across the street.

Always fun having a discussion with you Fan! :)

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
Summary: cpa is a dinosaur using paper map and compass.

But alas, boys, this thread is about the new supercharger location in Mount Shasta, CA.

And damn proud of it too! (I do not know how to see as much area as I want with the detail that I want on a computer screen. If I go in to see detail, I lose the "big picture." If I get the big picture, I lose out on the detail.) Then, computer maps have no legends that I can see, either. I really scratch my head on the absence of legends--what were they thinking?

Enough about my anachronistic ways. Carry on the discussion!

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
9AC73DEA-4B4C-487A-8298-A126FCF17DCD.jpeg

I visited the new supercharger in Mt Shasta this weekend. So wonderful to now have 16 additional supercharger stalls available here.

I can also recommend the nearby Bistro No. 107 to grab a bite or a drink while you charge. It’s a short walk up the hill and to the right.

79B7639C-34BC-4FD6-BC64-B3AAA757B117.jpeg

I do find the official name of this new location a bit odd: “Mt. Shasta, CA - 134 Morgan Way”.
I would have called this new location “Mt. Shasta 2”. The car nav will guide me there, I don’t need to see the street address in the site name.
The original SC is also on Morgan Way, so the "house number" part of the location is needed to disambiguate.

Calling the new SC "Mt Shasta 2" works today - until they decommission the first one - at which time people will start asking "Where is Mt Shasta 1"? :)

If you think naming things well is easy, ask a programmer about naming conventions.o_O

I stopped at the Mt. Shasta SC and there are now TWO SC sites. The old one has 6 and the new one has 16. It charged at 110 kWh and seemed very fast. There is a Cinema(with 3D), Hardware store, auto store, bird store, Subway, Round Table Pizza, a DMV, a Ray's Market and I probably missed some places.
I like the Bistro 107.
Along the way we saw a trailer hauling around 10 Model 3's parked on the Siskiyou summit, I5 at 4300 ft. heading North. Very excited since we have configured one.
I suspect there are going to be many new Tesla owners.

The SC site at the Treehouse has 4 stalls now as they removed 2. Total Stalls in the area are 20. I was there and the only one charging. It is well lit up at night with the stores open. Rays has a restroom(WC) or walk across the street to the Treehouse. Its snowing now. Hopefully they will open the ski park this week.
Our Model 3 is coming this week!!!!!!!!!!! yeah.

View attachment 273367

I visited the new supercharger in Mt Shasta this weekend. So wonderful to now have 16 additional supercharger stalls available here.

I can also recommend the nearby Bistro No. 107 to grab a bite or a drink while you charge. It’s a short walk up the hill and to the right.

View attachment 273369

Just noticed your from Solana Beach. I used to live in Del Mar and bicycled many miles on the coastal routes traveling to San Clemente through Camp Pendleton. Beautiful area to reside in.
There is also a good Mexican fast food place in town called Dos Geckos.

Reactions: ecrsail