Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Murfreesboro, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Murfreesboro, TN

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Buc-ee’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-24
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41, US-231
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-24

To: Manchester, TN (v2) - 30.8 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Kimball, TN - 69.4 miles

US-41

To: Nashville, TN - 35.4 miles
Diversion: 4 miles
To: Haubstadt - Ruffian Way, IN - 210.7 miles

US-231

To: Bowling Green, KY (v2) - 93.3 miles
Diversion: 3 miles
To: Beaver Dam, KY - 136.2 miles

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Awesome! I make an annual 1200 mile trip to Florida every year and usually split the trip each way in Murfreesboro due to the various hotels with chargers. This will help make my hotel selection easier since there is also the Supercharger option.

Reactions: GSP
This is so nice. My wife and I drive from FL to WI and back a couple times a year. The only SC stop we've ever waited at or seen other people wait at (since the network filled in a bit and v3 became predominant) is the E Thompson one at the Kroger in Nashville.*

I don't know what people do there either. Is it a big uber spot? It's always a bunch of people sitting staring at their phones. We have hours of driving ahead of us in either direction and we're almost always the last ones in and first ones out there, and even THEN the car usually goes a touch over what we "need" in the time it takes us to pee and buy something at Kroger.

But also on top of that like @oliphant428 said when we're on the return trip somewhere in that Nashville to Atlanta run is where we want to start looking for hotels. It's nice to have another option of knowing there's an SC nearby. Hotels don't have a ton of chargers yet, which I don't understand, but even if you find one that offers it you need to assume it's ICEd. So in a perfect situation there's a nearby supercharger to hit up in the morning if the hotel lets you down.

Also Bucees is a nice venue.

*I should clarify, it's never long, 5-10 minutes, but no where else is even close in that entire journey. We're the only car at all 30% of the time or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliphant428
This is so nice. My wife and I drive from FL to WI and back a couple times a year. The only SC stop we've ever waited at or seen other people wait at (since the network filled in a bit and v3 became predominant) is the E Thompson one at the Kroger in Nashville.*

I don't know what people do there either. Is it a big uber spot? It's always a bunch of people sitting staring at their phones. We have hours of driving ahead of us in either direction and we're almost always the last ones in and first ones out there, and even THEN the car usually goes a touch over what we "need" in the time it takes us to pee and buy something at Kroger.

But also on top of that like @oliphant428 said when we're on the return trip somewhere in that Nashville to Atlanta run is where we want to start looking for hotels. It's nice to have another option of knowing there's an SC nearby. Hotels don't have a ton of chargers yet, which I don't understand, but even if you find one that offers it you need to assume it's ICEd. So in a perfect situation there's a nearby supercharger to hit up in the morning if the hotel lets you down.

Also Bucees is a nice venue.

*I should clarify, it's never long, 5-10 minutes, but no where else is even close in that entire journey. We're the only car at all 30% of the time or so.

You really want a Supercharger/fast charger close to the hotel so if you arrive and the EVSE is unavailable you can immediately go charge while the battery's still warm.

Reactions: oliphant428 and GSP
You really want a Supercharger/fast charger close to the hotel so if you arrive and the EVSE is unavailable you can immediately go charge while the battery's still warm.
If it's THAT close for sure.

I was talking more "20 minutes down the road in the direction we're going" where there's basically no way you lose enough overnight you can't make it. It's hard to thread the needle if you stop an hour away from the next supercharger you have enough to make it if you have to, but also want to arrive to the hotel low enough where there being a wall charger even matters.

If it's more like 15-20 minutes up the road you can probably push it pretty far and still be ok. Close enough, but also not worth going to that night just for the warm battery speed bonus.

Nothing is certain until they start construction. Some sites are permitted but never get built due to unforeseen issues.
These was an agreement between buc ees and Tesla announced a year and a half ago. I assume all has gone well since the new one in Morant just opened with chargers. Rumor is one in Clarksville will have them too. Seems pretty smart for a place like bucees.