Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Muskegon MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a great picture, but on the right, you can see the tall and short supercharger equipment and the larger green cabinet with the blue tarp attached...

IMG_0932.jpg

The transformer is a one off... Meaning that there are generally multiples of everything else, such as 1 charger cabinet (the tall white boxes in your picture) for every 2 charger stalls. The distribution cabinets are the taller grey-ish boxes. So if you've got a single (usually) green box then the transformer is onsite as well.

Reactions: Piperpilot69
Yeah, that would be nice. Although I'm a fan of going to the Z-Parking garage when in Detroit. They are only Destination chargers, but if you're in town to watch any of the sporting events they get the job done.

It's funny, I've had my car since February 2017. I have over 22,000 miles on it now. I've been to Minnesota, South Dakota, Colorado, and all the way to Florida and back. In all that time I've only used the J1772 adapter once. Everywhere I've gone there's been an easily accessible solution for charging a Tesla. Even when I was in Florida for a week I didn't stay at a hotel with charging (although there was one down the street) but instead when we went sightseeing one day we stopped at a destination charger and charged up to full while shopping/eating/biking around town. Tesla really has done an amazing job of building out this infrastructure to support these cars.

Reactions: GSP
I have found the same thing and want to pay it forward. We hope to build a place in downtown Muskegon and I want to put at least a NEMA 14-50 for visitors.
Same. We are possibly relocating our office in downtown Muskegon and part of the rental agreement will be dedicated parking spaces with destination chargers. Small business owners signing new rental agreements should require it.

It's funny, I've had my car since February 2017. I have over 22,000 miles on it now. I've been to Minnesota, South Dakota, Colorado, and all the way to Florida and back. In all that time I've only used the J1772 adapter once. Everywhere I've gone there's been an easily accessible solution for charging a Tesla. Even when I was in Florida for a week I didn't stay at a hotel with charging (although there was one down the street) but instead when we went sightseeing one day we stopped at a destination charger and charged up to full while shopping/eating/biking around town. Tesla really has done an amazing job of building out this infrastructure to support these cars.
That's good! However, I went this weekend to the Z parking lot, paid $30 because the Lions game was going on, and all 3 Tesla chargers were down. I was so pissed. I thought damn $30, at least I'll get a charge... nope. Off topic, but any way to report that?

That's a bummer. They've always been working when I've been there. Took me a while to find them the first time though. Anyway, I have contact info for many Tesla folks, but none of them are in charge of the Destination chargers. You could call up the Gallery at Somerset and report it to someone there. They have actually been rather responsive for me in the past.

I just saw this on the recent posts. Muskegon is my father's home town. It's probably changed a bit since he lived there. He moved to California in 1950 to go to college. When he was a kid they still had horse drawn carts, now the town is getting a bit of love from 21st century tech.

Good to see.

Reactions: Chuq
That's good! However, I went this weekend to the Z parking lot, paid $30 because the Lions game was going on, and all 3 Tesla chargers were down. I was so pissed. I thought damn $30, at least I'll get a charge... nope. Off topic, but any way to report that?
I encountered that as well. However, the ChargePoint chargers were working fine so I just used those. Make sure to sign up for them if you haven't already since it's a good backup.