Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Myrtle Beach, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed this post is flagged as Funny, but when I go to tesla.com and search for superchargers it shows one on farrow rd with 8 supercharger stalls. Is that correct? I just got my tesla but when I had my volt I remember seeing that same address as having level 2 chargers so I was planning on using the level 2 as a top off on my trips home but that would be fantastic if it's actual superchargers now...

Scratch my last question, I found the thread on the Columbia supercharger, looks like it's open now and on the way for one of my normal trips. Now I just have to enable supercharging once the car is registered. The only other place I usually drive to that doesn't have a Supercharger is North Myrtle Beach, so the Myrtle Beach SC would fill out my trips with superchargers...

Reactions: Kacey Green
Scratch my last question, I found the thread on the Columbia supercharger, looks like it's open now and on the way for one of my normal trips. Now I just have to enable supercharging once the car is registered. The only other place I usually drive to that doesn't have a Supercharger is North Myrtle Beach, so the Myrtle Beach SC would fill out my trips with superchargers...

As an FYI, Brunswick Electric installed two charges in Brunswick County: one, North in Leland; other, in Calabash (as I'm sure you know not far from N. Myrtle Beach), behind Boundary House Restaurant. Boundary House one is fast but requires Chademo.

IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
I'm in the area, so I decided to scout out this location. Looks like nothing is happening fast...

The proposed location in the parking lot has a white paint dashed line around the perimeter. This is likely the same as what was reported by Brad on Dec 12.

There is a conduit bundle that was bored through to the small grassy area on the end of the proposed area. This is likely for the 3-phase feeder for the SC. Looks like this is the only progress since Brad's last visit on Dec 12 See photo.

I did not not see any storage of SC hardware, site improvement materials, or even construction equipment stored at the site.

Looks like I'll be burning petro on my next road trip here next month.

The Superchargers in Columbia SC was great--even better, the people working at the Hilton Garden Inn were even greater! Stopped in during trip to Charlotte NC Service Center for coffee & maybe snack (around 9AM) and they comp'd me for coffee & oatmeal! YMMV... Seriously, from a charging standpoint, they were super nice & friendly on the way there & on the return trip. Highly recommend!
IMG_0090.JPG