Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Myrtle Beach, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some updated photos of the construction. Photos taken 2/24/17

Attachments

• IMG_6015.JPG
    IMG_6015.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6017.JPG
    IMG_6017.JPG
    600.6 KB · Views: 166
The permit was approved November 29th 2016. No construction started as of 1/10/17 The wires are pulled and stubbed out of the ground. See photo below and permit attached.
Much progress on the construction of the Myrtle Beach supercharger. I have photos that I will post when I get back to my computer. I would guess this would be finish in the next few weeks.

I was in the parking lot at 3 pm today and took a few photos. Work is progressing well. I've read in many other posts that the workers don't typically want to respond to questioners, but I did ask if there was anything they could tell me about the work status -- and the answer was a simple "no."

File 1 is looking at pedestal skeleton/supports. I was able to only fit in 7 of the supports in this photo, but there is one additional., So 8 in total.

File 2 and 3 is looking at the location where I believe the power transformer will be landed. The cables coming up from the ground appear to be the feeder cables. I noticed that across the street there is evidence of disturbed soil running to existing transformers, so I suspect this is the supply for the cables coming up from the ground in these photos. Note also the conduit in the ground. This pad is at the NW end of the line of pedestals.

File 4 shows the pad at the other end of the line of pedestals ... e.g. the SE end. This appears to me to be where the supercharger cabinets will be installed.

File 5 is simply a photo looking down the line of pedestals to be installed. You can count the eight pedestals here.

File 6 is a photo of the CONEX box (or TEU if you prefer that term) containing much of the components for the supercharger site. You can clearly see the pedestal covers in the front. I could not tell if the supercharger cabinets were in there or not ... I could not get any closer.

So.....progress being made!!

File _1.jpg File_2.jpg File_3.jpg File_4.jpg File_5.jpg File_6.jpg

Well, I had to drive 8 hours to go and take those photos :D

Actually --- I own a beach home down in that area and had to go down and do some maintenance on the house, so stopped by and checked out the progress on the supercharger installation.

Last year I installed a Clipper Creek HCS-60 at the beach home so that I could charge when I was down there. I also offer charging for rental guests, although none have taken me up on that yet.

Looking forward to seeing more photos as this installation progresses!

What @RDS says makes sense. When I took the photos on Monday, I neglected to account for what appears to be a pedestal support laying on the ground. That would increase the totals to 9 pedestals. Given that superchargers are installed in pairs (at least in all the ones I've visited), it would make sense there must be one more somewhere that I didn't notice.

Looking at the pad where I believe the power transformer will be landed, one can see five conduits in the ground. It makes sense that these are the power feeds from the transformer to five supercharger cabinets. And five supercharger cabinets should equate to 10 charging stations,