Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Myrtle Creek, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's website has updated to show a new Supercharger location in Myrtle Creek, a few miles south of Roseburg, with a targeted opening of "Q1 2021" - the Roseburg charger location says "2022".

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.20.26 PM.png

Hmmm.... someone may want to do
some scooping around. This may very well be in the construction stage.
I searched for any relevant building permits issued by Douglas County (Myrtle Creek doesn't issue their own), and didn't find anything for Tesla, charging, supercharger, etc. Not a guarantee that it isn't there, as I have no idea how good the search function really is, but I'd lean towards it not having been issued yet. And since you can't search for permit applications still under review, I don't think we'll get any more info without someone contacting the county office directly to ask. Even then, they may not be willing to casually share.

Moderator note: This post plus the following one were moved from a thread in the California Supercharger Locations forum.

Now try to come up with Myrtle Creek, OR. It also showed up on the map out of the blue as a Q1 target opening.

Good luck with that. Most likely place looks like the Safeway center parking lot on Main St. Looking at Douglas County permits issued for the last 2 years+, there do not seem to be any permits issued for electrical work unless is has to do with fire alarm or signage. The city put in a Chargepoint at a park (covered in this article in October 2019 First electric vehicle charging station installed in Myrtle Creek), can't even find a permit for that one. Somewhere on the Douglas County website it mentions eTrakit to search for permits but I cannot find anything on eTrackit other than Douglas County Colorado. They just post PDFs of permits issued on a monthly basis. I am sure other people have searched before but just wanted to try to find something. Oh well.

I did send an email to the Myrtle Creek City Administrator to see if he had in more information. I will let you know what I hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard back from the city administrator. He says the city has not heard anything or seen any permits come through but thought it could be done through an existing commercial property and not need permits from the city/county unless it were to require a change in traffic patterns. The city was possibly going to reach out to their electric provider to see if they knew of any plans in the works. Definitely different from how things work here in CA.

If I were driving through there any time soon, I’d scope out the area around the truck stop at exit 103 (Tri-City, Riddle) for signs of construction. Just a guess, but it seems like a likely candidate to me. Huge parking lot, recent new construction, a couple food options (McDonald’s, A&W), several stores, and easy freeway access.

If I were driving through there any time soon, I’d scope out the area around the truck stop at exit 103 (Tri-City, Riddle) for signs of construction. Just a guess, but it seems like a likely candidate to me. Huge parking lot, recent new construction, a couple food options (McDonald’s, A&W), several stores, and easy freeway access.
I only see a Chevron near the A&W and McDonald's. What truck stop are you talking about?

Yeah, that’s it. Maybe I shouldn’t have used that phrase, as it doesn’t look like a full service truck stop. There’s a Pacific Pride commercial fueling station behind the Chevron and lots of space for trucks to park.
I thought he was talking about this truck stop, which is massive and looks new, but it's in a different town

I hadn't considered the Chevron as it wasn't within Myrtle Creek on Gmaps despite the address saying its there. I'll look for permits

EDIT: on further inspection, there's a minimall behind the gas station. I have a feeling this may be where the Supercharger will be

Myrtle Creek.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he was talking about this truck stop, which is massive and looks new, but it's in a different town

I hadn't considered the Chevron as it wasn't within Myrtle Creek on Gmaps despite the address saying its there. I'll look for permits

EDIT: on further inspection, there's a minimall behind the gas station. I have a feeling this may be where the Supercharger will be

View attachment 629054
Yeah, I noticed the stores there (Grocery Outlet, Dollar Tree, Tractor Supply Company) all have a Myrtle Creek address, even though they seem to be outside the city limits. Close enough to meet Tesla’s Supercharger pin criteria, I’d think. Tractor Supply appears to have opened about a year ago, and from satellite photos it looks to me like the construction area might be cleared to handle another store or two.

Yeah, I noticed the stores there (Grocery Outlet, Dollar Tree, Tractor Supply Company) all have a Myrtle Creek address, even though they seem to be outside the city limits. Close enough to meet Tesla’s Supercharger pin criteria, I’d think. Tractor Supply appears to have opened about a year ago, and from satellite photos it looks to me like the construction area might be cleared to handle another store or two.
Hey, Going through this thread and interesting to find a user with a handle similar to mine. Great minds??

Reactions: Long Ranger
So I know this area *extemely* well. The only chainsaw shop I trust to sharpen my chains is in Myrtle Creek and my friends own a bunch of property outside of Riddle Oregon so we use that freeway exit all the time.

I will be down there next weekend and will try to do some scoping out.

Either downtown Myrtle Creek or the Riddle exit would both be fine locations (easy off/on). But not a ton of amenities (the Riddle exit would be best on that front).

The general clientele there is not your average Tesla owner today.
My gosh this would be a crazy awesome place for a supercharger for me personally. :) Where we camp there has no power so being able to supercharge at the freeway exit would be killer!

I drove through the main drag of Myrtle Creek from one exit to another in mid-April and didn't see anything resembling supercharger construction. The only place that really seemed suitable was Ray's Food Place which isn't very close to the freeway (over a mile from either exit).

• Informative
Reactions: pdx_m3s