Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nakusp, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any issues driving from Vernon to kimberly(550 km) was going to spend one or two nights in Nakusp and seems there are only 2 level 2 chargers in town.

Are they busy level 2 stations? I noticed a level 3 ccs, assuming This alleviates a lot of the pressure off the level twos.
According to google maps, it's quite a bit faster to take the northern route through Revelstoke, Golden, and Invermere. All 3 of those towns have superchargers so there would be no charging issues at all going that way. If you insist on going through Nakusp, there will soon be a supercharger in Castlegar which would make that route fairly easy. There already are superchargers in Creston and Cranbrook, which probably make it doable with careful driving and a long range Tesla. There are also many high amperage HPWCs at various "welcome centres" and chambers of commerce in some of the small towns along the way. I used a couple of them last week.

Stopped in, took a look around (didn't see anything), so chatted with the guy on the till. He noted that it had been in the works for a few years, but a few months ago got the blueprints of where it will go, so he thinks it will be built this summer. Apparently they are going to pave the back gravel area, put in some lights etc, along with the new charging stalls.

I'm pretty stoked about this, because the Fortis unit downtown was flaky for me again last night, and they haven't installed a second unit yet like they have so many other places, so once the Superchargers go in, I'm pretty sure they will have 2 public stalls as well. (Which of course won't matter with my Model 3; however, I have a Rivian R1T on order that will become my main road trip vehicle and public charging is definitely still behind in BC.)

Side note: I tried my first 100kW DCFC on this trip with my CHAdeMO adapter, and didn't get any more juice out of it. Thought that the adapter might be able to handle more amps than the 50kW units can put out, but turns out nope, the adapters are limited to 125A. (So don't bother, costs twice as much to use, no matter how much the car is requesting; unlike Tesla which has dynamic billing rates.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.59.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.59.55 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 197