Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One reason that I can think of for pull in stalls is the huge amount of grouching people do with other types of stalls because they won't be able to charge while pulling a trailer. Pull in stalls eliminate that problem.

Yes, especially since Model X is sold with a towing package. I created this thread to attempt to track pull-in stalls that have enough rear clearance to charge without unhitching.

In many cases, it's going to be difficult even with pull-through spots. I haven't been over to the Napa site yet, but I've got to drop some wine in American Canyon in the upcoming weeks so I'll check it out then.

Will there be a get-together for opening? I'm interested, if so.

Let's do cars and wine on the opening!

Good idea! However it looks like it might be a long while from now... sadly, Tesla removed the "coming soon" pin from their website's map of "TODAY" superchargers :frown:

As of January 29th, 2016 the TODAY map looked like this (gray pin = "coming soon" was for the Napa location):

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.44.21 PM.png

And as of February 18th, 2016 the TODAY map has been updated (no more gray pin over Napa):

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.44.38 PM.png

Imagine my disappointment when I join this thread to learn something about the Napa site. Would think there is a discussion area where these subjects can be examined.
I have moved a number of posts (including mine!) about local Supercharging to a new topic in the Model S subforum about Charging. See Using Superchargers for Local Charging - Page 2
My apologies for derailing this thread. :)

I have moved a number of posts (including mine!) about local Supercharging to a new topic in the Model S subforum about Charging. See Using Superchargers for Local Charging - Page 2
My apologies for derailing this thread. :)

You're forgiven :biggrin: and thanks for moving the posts!

Now, does anyone have news from Napa as to any progress? We're entering a pretty wet spell of weather for the next week or so, therefore I would imagine not much would be happening there, but please feel free to share any news (and photos!) if you happen to drive by. Thanks!

IMG_3348.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, it's my first time using this forum, the software is horrible on this site, can't figure out how to update posts. And it won't take all the JPG(s) my guess is it's because they are apple "live" photos. I'll see what I can do or drive down on my lunch and take more with another camera.

Cheers,
JP

IMG_3348.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, it's my first time using this forum, the software is horrible on this site, can't figure out how to update posts. And it won't take all the JPG(s) my guess is it's because they are apple "live" photos. I'll see what I can do or drive down on my lunch and take more with another camera.

Cheers,
JP

You have to make a few posts and not get into trouble before it will work more easily. I gave you some reputation points. Maybe that will help.

If possible, reduce the size of the JPEG's for posting here. Usually 1200 or so pixels in the large dimension is all that is needed for these posts.

IMG_3348.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers,
JP

It's just site restrictions because you're a new member. Once the restrictions are removed, you'll have a very, very obvious "Edit post" option and you'll be able to attach images.

Driving past on the highway the other day the only reason I can think of that they're not open is they have to wait for the rest of the construction at the facility to get done. Or as was suggested it is Napa County- so maybe they haven't aged sufficiently!

This location is going to be great for people gassing up their cars looking forlornly over at the Teslas "gassing up" for free! :D Wish my Volt could use SCs (I know, will never happen!) :(

Yes, especially since Model X is sold with a towing package. I created this thread to attempt to track pull-in stalls that have enough rear clearance to charge without unhitching.

In many cases, it's going to be difficult even with pull-through spots. I haven't been over to the Napa site yet, but I've got to drop some wine in American Canyon in the upcoming weeks so I'll check it out then.

Will there be a get-together for opening? I'm interested, if so.
I HOPE so! I don't know how to get Tesla to do a "Grand Opening", but I don't know why it can't happen anyway. NorCal-Reno club says they can ask Tesla to email an area -- maybe Napa and surrounding. I also hope that Napa Area people join NorCal-Reno. I have decided that it's at least smaller and better than EAA, and Bonnie is president!