Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA - Factory Stores Drive (LIVE 16 Nov 2019, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
They look to be building another supercharging location in Napa. Near the outlets. I drove by there today and saw the electrical boxes going up.

Apologize if this has been mentioned. Just saw it and hopped on my phone to mention it before getting to bed.
H/T to @silentsnow31802 for finding this location. I believe I have confirmed it as a supercharger via Napa's permitting portal, records:
  • E1809-0024: Electrical permit for "INSTALL EV CHARGING STATIONS 20 CHARGE POSTS, 10 CABINETS". Issued 2019-06-14 and initial inspection for underground electrical on June 27th.
  • EP1905-0047: (Public Works) Encroachment permit for "Install Conduit/Cable/Pole/Box for Tesla Charging Station." Issued (with conditions) on 2019-05-30.

Address: 629 Factory Stores Dr, Napa, CA 94558
GPS: no idea on exact location within the property, sorry.

@BlueShift @Chuq

Attachments

• Electrical Permit E1809-0024.JPG
    Electrical Permit E1809-0024.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Encroachment Permit EP1905-0047.JPG
    Encroachment Permit EP1905-0047.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 173
@silentsnow31802 - Can you point out exactly where you saw the chargers being installed on the property? Thanks.

They look to be going in the red circled area in the attached picture. The picture is (obviously) of the Napa Outlets parking lot. They seem to be going up next to the EVgo charging station.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 156
I'd guess these would be urban superchargers, given the location. American Canyon already has standard ones. And I agree with the above; this parking lot can get busy, and there are a lot of Teslas in Napa (including visitors). I bet this is going to be a high volume location, and as such, ICEing may not have a chance. Especially so if they're pull-throughs, though I'm not sure they build urban Superchargers with that layout.

I'd guess these would be urban superchargers, given the location. American Canyon already has standard ones. And I agree with the above; this parking lot can get busy, and there are a lot of Teslas in Napa (including visitors). I bet this is going to be a high volume location, and as such, ICEing may not have a chance. Especially so if they're pull-throughs, though I'm not sure they build urban Superchargers with that layout.
There isn't a Supercharger in American Canyon. You probably means the one on Devlin Road which is unincorporated Napa County.

I really can't see this new location being that busy at all, at least for the immediate future. The other Napa location is not very busy at all, even on holiday weekends. I've never ever seen a queue in the 3 years it's been in operation.

I peeked through the fence when I was by there today. I agree with ohmman that they will more than likely be urban superchargers. No pull through locations. I don't think these parking spots got very heavy use in the past, as they are farthest out and down on the end of the outlets with fewer stores nearby.

I'm pleasantly surprised as the Devlin Road supercharger is only a couple of miles away and is rarely full.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I peeked through the fence when I was by there today. I agree with ohmman that they will more than likely be urban superchargers. No pull through locations. I don't think these parking spots got very heavy use in the past, as they are farthest out and down on the end of the outlets with fewer stores nearby.
No, based on the video I linked just above, they'll be traditional style (150 kW) superchargers. You can tell from looking at the precast concrete bases for the missing charging posts. But if I hadn't seen it, I would have expected the urban superchargers as well based on the location. So, a bit of surprise.