Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Supercharge.info website, there is a longitude/latitude associated with every Supercharger. I checked some of the existing SC's and they are exactly where the L/L shows them. For Napa, the coordinates are 38.222463 and -22.262814. Plugging that into Google Maps, here is where it shows the Napa SC will be:View attachment 83655
Thanks for the info, somewhat surprised because there is nothing to do at that location and do not see anything being built like resturants and places to shop.

Thanks for the info, somewhat surprised because there is nothing to do at that location and do not see anything being built like resturants and places to shop.

I agree. I think there is supposed to be a convenience store in that construction area, but to my knowledge, that's it. It's way too far to walk to the restaurant (The Runway) at the Napa Airport. A puzzling location for now ... perhaps something else will be built in that area of which we aren't yet aware.

On the Supercharge.info website, there is a longitude/latitude associated with every Supercharger. I checked some of the existing SC's and they are exactly where the L/L shows them. For Napa, the coordinates are 38.222463 and -122.262814. Plugging that into Google Maps, here is where it shows the Napa SC will be

Guys, don't forget that the Supercharge.info site actually gets a lot of its info from THIS site (our near and dear TMC!) so don't take it as gospel that this will be the definite location of a Napa SpC.

Devlin Road parallels Hwy 29 from Hwy 12 up to Soscol. Many people jump over to Devlin to beat the huge wait and traffic of left turners going south to Hwy 12, or, going north, the huge delay at the signal at Soscol and 29. A Supercharger south of the NatGas place would be ideal, and WOULD NOT BE out of the way at all.

Going by there yesterday, it is a very large flat lot, grass covered, signs posted as to expected activity, realtors to contact if interested, etc. Nothing about SCs, but there is rumor about a Big Box store (WalMart? Costco?) may be going into this area, and there's plenty of room south of the LPG joint.

The corner of Devlin and Airport Blvd is about built. It's a warehouse. Might have a J1772 near the office doors, but that's about it so far. My money (what little I have) is on the huge open space south of Allied Propane. I will watch it, as we go right by it a couple times a week.

Devlin Road parallels Hwy 29 from Hwy 12 up to Soscol. Many people jump over to Devlin to beat the huge wait and traffic of left turners going south to Hwy 12, or, going north, the huge delay at the signal at Soscol and 29. A Supercharger south of the NatGas place would be ideal, and WOULD NOT BE out of the way at all.

Going by there yesterday, it is a very large flat lot, grass covered, signs posted as to expected activity, realtors to contact if interested, etc. Nothing about SCs, but there is rumor about a Big Box store (WalMart? Costco?) may be going into this area, and there's plenty of room south of the LPG joint.

The corner of Devlin and Airport Blvd is about built. It's a warehouse. Might have a J1772 near the office doors, but that's about it so far. My money (what little I have) is on the huge open space south of Allied Propane. I will watch it, as we go right by it a couple times a week.
I totally agree, there is nothing to do at the intersection of Devlin Road and Airport. Looks like a warehouse to me.

The Costco under discussion is for the Napa Pipe area - that's much further North, near the Napa Junior College.

Lots of construction activity on the lot immediately south of Allied Propane this afternoon. The lot has been cleared and trenching has begun. Not exactly the start of Supercharger construction, but the start of the planned convenience market.

- - - Updated - - -

The location should be changed to 38.2356, 122.2640

Lots of construction activity on the lot immediately south of Allied Propane this afternoon. The lot has been cleared and trenching has begun. Not exactly the start of Supercharger construction, but the start of the planned convenience market.

- - - Updated - - -

This will be interesting to see if this is really the Tesla location. Also nice if there will at least be a convenience store adjacent. I'm back in Iowa for the Summer, so I appreciate the local updates on what's happening with the Napa Supercharger location. Thanks.

Pfft, where did it all go, on a Tesla? Even so, an enviable position. ;)

Lickily I bought TSLA stock back when it was around $20, and am going long, so my little wealth has grown nicely. I am blessed, I know it, and I share, so I am rich. But not necessarily in money. Yes, an enviable position, mapped out and followed for decades.

Unfortunately, when I try to suggest to friends how to do it, they are not willing. Nobody listens to an old man.

- - - Updated - - -

The Costco under discussion is for the Napa Pipe area - that's much further North, near the Napa Junior College.

Thanks, I see it. Looks like right north of the hwy 29 overcrossing of Napa River.

Napa Pipe Project
The Napa Pipe site is located at 1025 Kaiser Road in unincorporated Napa County, about 3 miles south of downtown Napa, on the east side of the Napa River, and northwest of the intersection of State Routes 29 and 221. The owner of the 154 - acre property has proposed a high density residential neighborhood with open space, neighborhood-serving retail, restaurants and a hotel on the western portion of the site (about 63 acres), and a Costco on the eastern portion of the site.

County of Napa - Planning, Building and Environmental Services Main Header - Napa Pipe Project

I still expect a small mall at the LPG place.

Congrats! That must've been in the Roadster era when the stock was so low. Wish I'd been as clairvoyant. Heck, I wish I would have jumped when it was in the $180s a few months ago, but alas I was too skint to make an investment at the time (common story). It's still fun looking in from the outside, and here's to the Model 3 (I am more of the paycheck-to-paycheck subsistence type for which I mostly have myself to blame, and now poor health is adding to my obstacles)!

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo!

Went by Allied Propane. Sure enough, digging in water lines and lots of dirt. A mobile office sits on Allied's parking lot just north of the dirt, and with a little visiting, someone said, "I thought the Tesla charge site was supposed to be hush - hush". I reply, "Permits are public property, aren't they?" He smiled.

Be that as it may, someone didn't see the plans laying on the pickup tailgate very much. A ditch for high power lines. Then eight stalls, the fence around the inverters, the pad for the transformer, all in blue and white. Labeled "Tesla farm".

The whole dirt area is to be a fuel station for anything you might have with wheels. I didn't see hydrogen, but there were plans for huge tanks for propane, lng, a large filling station right in front for cars, then a large convenience store with L2s along behind, then a semi truck filling station in back, and to the right, on the north line next to the Allied Propane place, a row of Tesla SCs.

There was no comment about time for completion. One of the guys said he'd worked on the Vacaville SC install. I suggested 3-6 months and there was no answer. Just Grins and hush hush. They obviously have to get the tanks and pipes and building up. I offered the "tour", but seems like everyone had been in a Tesla somewhere before.

One picture: Allied Propane is on the right on the north boundary of the property. The ditch is for 10 to 12" blue pipe -- water? But right about halfway down that ditch will be the inverters, pad, and eight spaces. And though they aren't done yet, it won't take a year, I don't think.

NapaSC site.jpg

Great job roblab, as far as I remember there is nothing to do at that location. Is there plans for a place to eat or shop?

I can confirm there's nothing to do there within reasonable walking distance. I certainly hope they do have plans for something. 4 miles to the south where Walmart is would have been a good location for the supercharger, as there's a Starbucks and some fast food chains there.

I can confirm there's nothing to do there within reasonable walking distance. I certainly hope they do have plans for something. 4 miles to the south where Walmart is would have been a good location for the supercharger, as there's a Starbucks and some fast food chains there.

The plans show a "3000 sq ft Convenience Store". They hope you will buy an armload of Twinkies and Licorice ropes. At Convenience Store prices. And you get to visit with truck drivers. You may also get to watch how hydrogen at 10,000 psi is pumped into a Toyota, if the multi-fuel center will allow super explosive hydrogen anywhere near their complex. I don't expect Toyota will allow just anybody to pump hydrogen. Even if they make it idiot proof, the world seems to make better idiots.

Actually, there may be a few truck drivers wanting to come over and see what a Tesla is. Some of those trucks take a while to fill, some with two 300 gallon tanks. Even with twin 75s, they won't be filling up in 5 minutes. Or with one 50. That's some serious money, and when you tell them that Superchargers are free forever, you will truly tug at their wallet's heartstrings.