Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you find it odd that we can only see 7 SuperCharger stands instead of 8? Are they going to give this location a front-in spot, perhaps off in the distance there, in addition to these likely back-in versions?

I did notice that. I am thinking they may do what they have don other places, with one spot next to the cinder block a drive in forward spot. Right now there is a large hole in that location, which may sprout another stand. Or not.

I and rpc364 went by today. Looks like they have been filling tanks over with gravel. Now the holdup will be getting inspections before back filling, which can take weeks. They have put more concrete forms in for the service station.

This is a general refueling station, whether you need gas in your car or semi, LNG, electrons, or maybe even hydrogen. I think downtown Napa didn't want all this potential explosion any where near town. At least it's accessible. I think it will give Tesla owners a chance to answer questions from gas car owners: "What?!! Free?!!"

Well, folks, lotsa dirt moved, holes filled up, concrete poured. Things taking shape. Not there yet, though.

Pic 1 is a shot straight west along Allied Propane's south line. There are now eight stands. Looks like pull in type.

Pic 2 is looking south from same spot, to see the "convenience store". I think there were to be J plugs on the back of the building.

NapaSCcr1.jpg

NapaSCcr2.jpg

Siucity, what are you flying to get those picts? Nicely done.

- K

Thanks, it's a DJI Phantom 3 Pro.

FWIW, this location is close to the Napa airport, so I didn't fly as high as I would have liked (I wanted to get a google maps style overhead satellite view). Basically I flew as high as the top of the building on site, thinking if any plane flies that low, my quadcopter is the least of their concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Siu,

You're quite good at this aerial pic thing. Do you hire out?

Between my full time job and my 6-year-old son, I don't think I have the time for it. :)

Also, I think if I were to be paid for it, I would fall under different regulations (commercial vs hobby). I believe for commercial use, I'd need a license.

In the middle picture above, it appears that there may be two more pedestals on the far side of the equipment enclosure from the other 8, for a total of 10 stalls. Is that my imagination?

Hard to say for sure, but those look like air and vacuum stations to me. I could be wrong though. The height of whatever those are just don't look the same a the charging stalls.

Shouldn't be long now, eh? Any new photos?

Plastic over the chargers, so they might be wired, if not hot. Lots of gravel base, ready for asphalt. I think the forms are for gravel base. Weather said "Zero percent chance for rain", so we got rain. They had a lot of forms up for concrete, which looks done. Looks like they could start paving sometime before Christmas. I'll take pictures any time there seems to be any progress, don't worry.

Napa SC.jpg