Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those of you who have charged in the past two days: what is the accessibility of this Supercharger, meaning is there any reason to think that it is no available 24/7?

Starting Wednesday I am going to be offline for 10 days, hiking in Iceland. I want the thread title to accurately reflect the status of this Supercharger. Should I change the thread title to "open" instead of including the words "access may be restricted"?

The Tesla Motors "Find Us" web page still does not show the Napa Supercharger as open.

Barry, I think you can safely change the name of the thread to Open. I stopped by for a few minutes yesterday afternoon on my way back from Napa co, and areas look completely paved and easily accessible. The cones are probably just there to deter people from driving to the gas stations but you can easily drive through them.

I'm not sure how much activity there is during the week that would prevent access to the site, but there seems to be no work needed around the SC stalls that would block their access. I think the last of the work that is needed would be on the K convenience store for the site to be ready for business.

Pictures below - oh and in case you're wondering, Flash (my red P85D) is at the service center for its Ludicrous upgrade :) so I'm driving this silver P90DL loaner.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Adding this to the trailer-friendly list. There is ample room behind these pull-through slots to allow for someone pulling a trailer with an X.

While there is loads of space behind these stalls, these are pull-in stalls not drive-threw and as such they are close together and I caution those with trailers not to block adjacent stalls during busy periods with the angle of approach and/or wide girth of their trailer.

Reactions: ohmman
I went by to meet Kraken and Diana at the Napa SC. He had tried at 3A and 3B and got no power, so he moved to 1B and it worked. I pulled up and tested 2A, and it worked. Just saying, there might be some problem with the #3 or #4 inverter stacks.

Glad to see this is up. The owner had said that the site should open this week -- maybe this coming weekend. Don't know when Tesla will admit this site is up and running.

As to accessibility, the owner is legally responsible, the place is a construction site, hard hats were required last week, and he had been filling the SC slots with ICE cars. He is trying to get permission from Napa to open the SC site while still working on the station and pumps. That leaves the site open weekends and nights, possibly closed 8-5 M-F.

Last edited:
Barry, I think you can safely change the name of the thread to Open. I stopped by for a few minutes yesterday afternoon on my way back from Napa co, and areas look completely paved and easily accessible. The cones are probably just there to deter people from driving to the gas stations but you can easily drive through them.
It is Monday, 12:30 pm on 7/11/16, and Tesla has Napa on the "Find SC Map" and "view list of locations" ....
So it is officially OPEN....."8 Superchargers, available 24/7"
Great, thanks guys, I will change the thread title.
Indeed - interesting it shows 4 J1772s, didn't spot them yesterday:
That is interesting. I wonder who is responsible for installing and maintaining those, and where they are located?

That is interesting. I wonder who is responsible for installing and maintaining those, and where they are located?

Rob reported the J1772 chargers in post #244 and they don't look like the typical "fee for use" chargers.
Tesla gives away J1772 with many of the Host Destination chargers so they may be a gratuity for SC installation.
I doubt the Standard Station or Circle K owner/operator would pay to provide free charges to the other EV's..
Only Elon would do that!! Plus not all Model S's are SC enabled..

I have contacted the NorCal-Reno Tesla Owners Club to have a general meet up at the Napa Supercharger on Sunday the 24th from 2 - 4 PM. I wish to encourage any TMC Members in the area to drop by and say Hi and meet some of our neighbors. I know there are a LOT of Tesla owners nearby, and having driven Tesla for nearly 4 years, I only know a very few. Come celebrate our new Supercharger! (not that we would think of using it, since we're local, of course)

I'll bring my trailer, and we can check ease of use, right?

Reactions: JimVandegriff
Shades of Cabezon and Savannah, it sounds like (width-wise). Glad it's online (mostly) in any case.

Still getting used to the gas station/SC thing; have to admit, it makes perfect sense in a lot of places. Get in, get out, use the facilities, buy some food/drink if necessary, reasonably well-lit - that's a win-win for all concerned. It's certainly more present-day EV-centric revenue for the gas station that probably wouldn't have been available otherwise.

Reactions: JimVandegriff
Had a chance to try out the new Napa supercharger. With the current state of the location,nobody will stay longer than necessary. There's absolutely nothing to do there. At least once the convenience store opens up, going in and getting some snacks or drinks will make the time go by a little faster.