Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a chance to try out the new Napa supercharger. With the current state of the location,nobody will stay longer than necessary. There's absolutely nothing to do there. At least once the convenience store opens up, going in and getting some snacks or drinks will make the time go by a little faster.

It does have one amenity, the road it's on is a natural shortcut avoiding incoming napa traffic. Once the station opens up restrooms and food/drink services, look for this to become a busy way-point.

Had a chance to try out the new Napa supercharger. With the current state of the location,nobody will stay longer than necessary. There's absolutely nothing to do there. At least once the convenience store opens up, going in and getting some snacks or drinks will make the time go by a little faster.

I think that's the purpose. Everybody wants to head up valley to be tourists! A quick charge both ways, no range anxiety. I usually wipe the bugs off the windshield and sparkle up the car a bit, while I wait.

I have contacted the NorCal-Reno Tesla Owners Club to have a general meet up at the Napa Supercharger on Sunday the 24th from 2 - 4 PM. I wish to encourage any TMC Members in the area to drop by and say Hi and meet some of our neighbors. I know there are a LOT of Tesla owners nearby, and having driven Tesla for nearly 4 years, I only know a very few. Come celebrate our new Supercharger! (not that we would think of using it, since we're local, of course)

I'll bring my trailer, and we can check ease of use, right?
Forwarded your message to 4 friends here at Silverado who don't frequent TMC much. Razz and I may try and swing by.

I have contacted the NorCal-Reno Tesla Owners Club to have a general meet up at the Napa Supercharger on Sunday the 24th from 2 - 4 PM. I wish to encourage any TMC Members in the area to drop by and say Hi and meet some of our neighbors. I know there are a LOT of Tesla owners nearby, and having driven Tesla for nearly 4 years, I only know a very few. Come celebrate our new Supercharger! (not that we would think of using it, since we're local, of course)

I'll bring my trailer, and we can check ease of use, right?

Any reports / pictures from the meet-up? I wanted to go, but wasn't able (just returned from vacation, severely jet-lagged).

As an aside, I appear to be fated to miss Tesla-related events this summer (no TMC Connect, Gigafactory, or picnic for me either, grrrr).

Bruce.

Well, no pictures. We put up a canopy and table, chairs, coolers directly north of the chargers. Just step over the curb. We got quite a few people dropping in, including NapaBill and hairy friend. Probably got as many who had stopped for charge, and we invited them over for a drink and bite. A half dozen Tesla employees came by, quite excited that people could just get together without Tesla having a function. They were on their way to several winery events. Had several nice visits while we all watched the 3 grandkids drive the Radio Flyer Tesla around.

Here is an image from July 27th which shows that at least one trailer friendly spot exists at the Napa supercharger. We had no trouble charging here with the trailer and only used one spot without needing to unhook.
DSC_0134.jpg

Yeah, there's never a shortage of things to do while on the road and stopped at an SC. Bug removal, range/next leg calculations, repacking of something or other, returning calls/emails/texts, using a restroom, taking a nap, taking a walk to stretch one's legs, and the list goes on. 40 minutes (+/- 20) goes by pretty quick.

Reactions: thecloud and GSP
Thanks for the post regarding the temporary closure! I was planning to use this tomorrow. Would be great if one could subscribe to a service that provides proactive notifications of planned down times - we are taking a cross-country trip from the Bay Area to Moab next month, and it is always in the back of my mind what I would do if a supercharger I depend on is closed.

Thanks for the post regarding the temporary closure! I was planning to use this tomorrow. Would be great if one could subscribe to a service that provides proactive notifications of planned down times - we are taking a cross-country trip from the Bay Area to Moab next month, and it is always in the back of my mind what I would do if a supercharger I depend on is closed.
I don't think traversing California, Nevada, and Utah quite qualifies as cross country ;). Maybe cause Nevada is so boring and seems to stretch forever!

Well, I just drove by and it looks operational even though there's definitely construction in the area. Looks like they put cones around the SpC to allow Teslas to charge, one S and one X were able to make it in

Nice pictures. The cones look about the same as when I was there a few Sundays ago, basically you could get to the supercharger stalls but not the other areas under construction.

Bruce.

Ha! Not sure if you're being serious or not, I took the photos from hwy 29 while driving north at about 50 mph.. but I'll take the compliment, so thank you!

Sorry, I was completely serious. First, they give a good sense of scale for the Supercharger area relative to the rest of the site (in particular there is a ton of room to maneuver so there's no excuse for anybody banging into the charging stands). Second, I know you took that from the highway and it wasn't an easy shot.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Sorry, I was completely serious. First, they give a good sense of scale for the Supercharger area relative to the rest of the site (in particular there is a ton of room to maneuver so there's no excuse for anybody banging into the charging stands). Second, I know you took that from the highway and it wasn't an easy shot.

Thanks again then!

Well, I decided to stop at the SpC anyway to take a look. Charged for 10 minutes and started at over 113kW, so it doesn't seem to be reduced in power.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg