Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The gas station/mini mart soft opens this Friday (11-5-16)

Without the mini-mart being open (yet), it is possibly a bit dreary, at least it was at night.
However, this is only a temporary condition!

I was just there and also Childress.
They are very similar: both are integrated into big gas stations.
Only additional thing Childress has is drive-thru window, car wash and covered areas to vacuum your car.

Yup, this location was totally lackluster. Visited last weekend and it's just off-path and undesirable from a food/bathroom/waiting around perspective. Napa Premium Outlets would have been way more in-line with the Tesla experience.

I agree there's not a lot to do around that site, although I'd rather see the existing Napa Supercharger (which yes, I have visited in person) than no Supercharger at all. Plus, if they put it at Napa Premium Outlets we'd probably be complaining about outlet shoppers hogging the charging stalls, chaotic holiday traffic patterns, and all the other BS that comes from putting a Supercharger at a shopping destination. :eek:

Bruce.

I'd rather see the existing Napa Supercharger (which yes, I have visited in person) than no Supercharger at all.

That, I think we can all agree on :)

Your comment about too much retail being a risky thing is well-taken. There's probably a sweet spot somewhere... I mostly hit hotel locations on the Houston to SF trip, which I preferred to the (thankfully very few) gas stations. Restaurants were probably my favorites.

The mini mart will be 24x7 and they're installing a picnic area soon. I can say that I've been to much worse Superchargers, with no facilities close by or horrible/disgusting parking lots.

The location was probably chosen for relatively easy access to hwy 80, and also as an alternate spot for those heading thru and north/south on 101. Any further north into Napa and it would be out of the way for cross country travelers just passing thru. It definitely fills in a gap in the network when you look at the map.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Biggest complaint on the Napa charger for me is access. I have been there where it took 15 minutes to get along the frontage road to gain access. Seems everyone tries to take that to avoid the traffic on 12/29 or something. It was a Friday night so maybe it's OK other times. When I came back Saturday afternoon it was easy breezy and there were only a few cars there.

I do think the mini market will be good and I kind of think it's ironic if not elitist to charge at a gas station.:)

There is now a very nice Circle K store adjacent to the Napa Supercharger. It just happened to open this morning - the first time I have stopped here.

It is all new and shiny with lots of nice food and stuff to drink. There is a nice patio out back to hang out and wait. The people are very nice, too.

It was a very pleasant surprise.

Hours of operation???

They have not added the details of the newly opened store to the Tesla Motors Supercharger website for Napa. Still seems to reference the Propane Services company next door (address needs updating?).
Find Us | Tesla

I saw on Google search a schedule for the hours of the Allied Propane Services company listed at the address Tesla has in the Napa Supercharger info page, but I highly doubt those hours apply to the Circle K store nearby.

The Circle-K mart is now open (I didn't take pictures of the gas pumps... sorry).

All in all, it's easily the best gas-station Supercharger I've been to, with a number of coffee options and a wine / deli area, plus some outdoor seating for sipping your coffee while you wait for your charge to finish. Not bad!

IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg

The Circle-K mart is now open (I didn't take pictures of the gas pumps... sorry).

All in all, it's easily the best gas-station Supercharger I've been to, with a number of coffee options and a wine / deli area, plus some outdoor seating for sipping your coffee while you wait for your charge to finish. Not bad!

Looks pretty spiffy (I was expecting some Kwik-e-Mart like place). I like the guy on the recumbent bike in the second picture.

Bruce.

EDIT: And the local newspaper has a story on this:

‘Clean fuels’ plaza opens in south Napa

At least one TMC member quoted. :)

Stopped by on Sunday at around 3pm after rock climbing at Mount St Helena, and it was fully packed! Half the cars charging were Model X's.

Good to know! I would have arrived at almost the exact same time as you Sunday but at the last second decided to do Petaluma instead which was only about half full. Opted for cheesesteak at the mall there instead of wine and cheese!

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Stopped by on Sunday at around 3pm after rock climbing at Mount St Helena, and it was fully packed! Half the cars charging were Model X's.

View attachment 202436

I stopped by there Saturday around the same time and there was 2 spots left, which of one I took. I have never seen it so busy. Seems to be a popular spot now that the convenience store is open.

PS: I tried the coffee from that crazy looking machine they have and its delicious.

Did a short "get out of the house" drive on this Superbowl Sunday. I had Napa all to myself at first, then got joined by a couple other cars. Good charging rate on A, 52 kW at 71% SOC. I don't drink coffee but if I did I'd want to play with the coffee machine inside the convenience store. :)

Bruce.

EDIT: Four cars charging now, all on the A stalls. Amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisJ
Did a short "get out of the house" drive on this Superbowl Sunday. I had Napa all to myself at first, then got joined by a couple other cars. Good charging rate on A, 52 kW at 71% SOC. I don't drink coffee but if I did I'd want to play with the coffee machine inside the convenience store. :)

Bruce.

EDIT: Four cars charging now, all on the A stalls. Amazing!

I pass the charger almost every day on my way to work. Most of the time it is completely empty. I usually only see cars there on weekends and only once have I seen it even close to full.

BTW that coffee machine makes pretty good coffee.