Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napanee, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were the others in the area pre-fabs? Like Trenton and Cobourg?
Based on plugshare pics, Trenton was a pre-fab, Cobourg was not.

I'm excited for Napanee to open since I live north of Toronto and have family north of Odessa, it'll be a helpful option. Based on the pics, looks like construction is more or less complete, now we wait anywhere from 1 month to 18 months for Hydro One to install the meter.

• Funny
Reactions: Oongupot
I'm excited for Napanee to open since I live north of Toronto and have family north of Odessa, it'll be a helpful option.
But the stretch from Port Hope to Odessa, even without Napanee, is littered with SCs - there are four (Port Hope, Cobourg, Trenton, Belleville) in that 137km stretch that are all very close to the highway.. Napanee makes it five. And in the 51km stretch east from Odessa to Gananoque there are three more SCs. So the Napanee site, while welcome, is in a stretch that is pretty well served.

But after Gananoque, it is slim pickings on the 401 with only Cornwall, which is in a lousy location far from the highway. And we are now in about the 6th year waiting for Brockville.

But the stretch from Port Hope to Odessa, even without Napanee, is littered with SCs - there are four (Port Hope, Cobourg, Trenton, Belleville) in that 137km stretch that are all very close to the highway.. Napanee makes it five. And in the 51km stretch east from Odessa to Gananoque there are three more SCs. So the Napanee site, while welcome, is in a stretch that is pretty well served.

But after Gananoque, it is slim pickings on the 401 with only Cornwall, which is in a lousy location far from the highway. And we are now in about the 6th year waiting for Brockville.
This is right now. The whole area needs more supercharging.

IMG_3912.jpeg