Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN - Charlotte Pike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The official Tesla “coming soon” supercharger list is notoriously unreliable, It would be nice if they decided to make an effort in greater accuracy, but I’ll have to see it to believe it.

As of 12/28, there was no activity on construction for Charlotte Pike. Does anyone know if they ever pulled permits? And if those are still valid?
Not really disagreeing with you, but isn’t this the first time they list quarters instead of years? I would hope that would suggest a higher level of accuracy. They also now list some SC’s as 2022 already.

As for permits, I looked at the permits for the other super chargers in Nashville and one of them had the comment that a permit was not needed because the state handles EV charging permits. I can’t find any sort of state permit listing though.

Reactions: jsight
Not really disagreeing with you, but isn’t this the first time they list quarters instead of years? I would hope that would suggest a higher level of accuracy. They also now list some SC’s as 2022 already.

Additionally it looks like a whole bunch were just added to the map, so someone has been actively updating it recently. Not to say that the date estimates aren't optimistic, but they seem to be popping up pretty quickly these days. I think we have reached a turning point where convenience store outlets are suddenly scrambling to get in on the charging station activity and are aggressively driving expansion.

Progress finally!! The cabinets have arrived and they are digging trenches.

144682669_10108462430403815_6557354348204382117_n.jpg
143846274_10108462430304015_722518815227757060_n.jpg

I had completely given up on this one. Cool beans!
Although we may never know the reason for the delay the theory I have running through my mind is Tesla diverted V3 cabinets to the new 56 stall site at Firebaugh CA and the 72 stall site at Shanghai Chi-na. That's 32 V3 cabinets for just two other locations. Tesla must have limits to the number of V3 cabinets they can make in a given period.

Reactions: pkodali and JPWhite