Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brentwood / Nashville, TN (Old Hickory Blvd)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the latest pics, it looks like this will also include 2-4x Level 2 connectors (are those ChargePoint units?)

Can't tell which network these additional charging units might be. It's possible they are also Level 3 CCS, not necessarily Level 2. CCS doesn't help any Tesla owners in the US at the moment, but would be similar to the E Thompson Lane site also has quite a few Electrify America stations (at the far opposite end of the lot from the Tesla supercharger).

These pictures also show what I consider to be the somewhat confusing back-to-back layout where the pedestals are staggered with a narrow central island. I personally find this type of layout gets a bit confusing to get lined up with the correct pedestal, especially when the striping on the lot gets faded. I prefer the layout where the pedestals are directly behind each other, but that requires a wider center island in the lot.

Can't tell which network these additional charging units might be. It's possible they are also Level 3 CCS, not necessarily Level 2. CCS doesn't help any Tesla owners in the US at the moment, but would be similar to the E Thompson Lane site also has quite a few Electrify America stations (at the far opposite end of the lot from the Tesla supercharger).

These pictures also show what I consider to be the somewhat confusing back-to-back layout where the pedestals are staggered with a narrow central island. I personally find this type of layout gets a bit confusing to get lined up with the correct pedestal, especially when the striping on the lot gets faded. I prefer the layout where the pedestals are directly behind each other, but that requires a wider center island in the lot.
As a long-term LEAF owner I can confirm these are Level 2 Chargepoint units. They are very distinctive. The Chargepoint Level 3 units are much bulkier.

Updated pics from this afternoon. Workers mentioned meter should be going in later today. Almost there! IMG-20200831-WA0004.jpg IMG-20200831-WA0003.jpg IMG-20200831-WA0002.jpg IMG-20200831-WA0001.jpg IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg

Just curious: do you know this, or is it speculation? It makes some sense, but 6 SC pedestals seems like a lot to reserve for dealer use.
The SC already has two stalls coned off at all times in addition to whatever they have inside. It’s been labeled as a “high use supercharger” for quite some time - always a struggle to balance service loaners that are given to customers on 60mi range versus road trippers coming through. This V3 will greatly ease the load and reduce any wait for someone local-ish who just needs 5-10 mins of charge at the SC.

Reactions: Jeff Hudson
West Nashville is almost to Dickson on I-40. The I-65 coming from the north has Bowling Green (although traffic makes that stop quite inconvenient especially during rush hours). I-24 has Thompson. The Supercharger at the Service Center will be delisted once OHB is online so it makes perfect sense to me. I would like to see one in Lebanon and an urban charger downtown near Broadway.
Agreed on all of this, an urban downtown would be amazing if they can ever get it through and yes the BG is sooooo far off the highway - Scottsville road is the bane of my existence when I’m trying to make time.

Agreed on all of this, an urban downtown would be amazing if they can ever get it through and yes the BG is sooooo far off the highway - Scottsville road is the bane of my existence when I’m trying to make time.
I wholeheartedly agree. Staying at the Louisville SC (Bardstown Rd) longer was more palatable when Buckhead was still open. Now that it is gone, this SC is painful. Heine Bro's just didn't seem welcoming to me - and now closed to foot traffic regardless. It takes me 88% SoC to make it from Louisville to (old) home in Mount Juliet. Became moot now that I live in Indiana.

Elizabethtown has been "Coming Soon" for a long time now...

I wholeheartedly agree. Staying at the Louisville SC (Bardstown Rd) longer was more palatable when Buckhead was still open. Now that it is gone, this SC is painful. Heine Bro's just didn't seem welcoming to me - and now closed to foot traffic regardless. It takes me 88% SoC to make it from Louisville to (old) home in Mount Juliet. Became moot now that I live in Indiana.

Elizabethtown has been "Coming Soon" for a long time now...
Agreed on the coffee - I’m sure COVID and recent stock related events will put even more of a hold on E-town. Even an urban would be helpful but they probably view it as catering to the older cars or <85kW cars. My 90D at 100% can still make it to Louisville from Nash without a stop.... I think..

From someone from BG to help you out next time take exit #26 and turn towards the IGA gas station and turn on Lovers Lane, From there you can stay on the road that becomes Campbell Lane and you can then make your turn to the Meijers. If you must take exit #22 on Scottsville RD there is a rd like going to the Sam's Club and make a loop also to bypass all of Scottsville RD. Depends on if your coming north or south on I65 for the exit I would take.

From someone from BG to help you out next time take exit #26 and turn towards the IGA gas station and turn on Lovers Lane, From there you can stay on the road that becomes Campbell Lane and you can then make your turn to the Meijers. If you must take exit #22 on Scottsville RD there is a rd like going to the Sam's Club and make a loop also to bypass all of Scottsville RD. Depends on if your coming north or south on I65 for the exit I would take.
I guess I could take the parkway to Nashville and then hop on Campbell? Usually coming south to north, otherwise lovers lane would work perfect! Thanks for the tips