TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Nashville TN

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by JPWhite, Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

I see that Nashville is now showing as due for a Supercharger in 2014. Previously it was slated for 2015.

Does anyone know the proposed location(s)?

Chattanooga should be installed and working by Mid August this year.

2. Larry

Larry Member

#2 Larry, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Charged at Roseville today The stalls are not labeled does anyone know how they are paired?
    not sure how this got here it was meant for the Roseville thread

Attached Files:

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

How did a CA item get into the TN thread ? :crying:

4. MrSled

MrSled Member

Maybe the SC is going in at the Harding Place address... you know the one that's listed on the "Stores and Galleries" tab as the Nashville Sales address? Just fishin' on this one.

5. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

Harding Place isn't the best introduction for visitors to Nashville. Maybe it'll go next door to Hooters !! :)

6. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

On the Chattanooga SC thread someone spoke with the servce center at Harding and they indicated the Nashvile location is runniong late, TEsla can't find a suitable location apparently.

They need to speak with Orpy Mills if its that tough, they are actively seeking car charging partners. Not ideally located but better than nothing.

https://ralphmc.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/opry-mills-is-actively-seeking-ways-to-install-charging-stations-on-our-property/

7. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

You can submit suggestions here - http://teslafactory.wufoo.com/forms/supercharging/

8. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

9. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

#9 CSFTN, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    I live 200 miles from Nashville, but wouldn't be excited about Opry Mills nor Cool Springs as a transiting supercharger location. Both seem to have extremely heavy traffic. Rather, should be a spot outside the densely travelled areas yet close to an intersection of several interstates. For example, Spring Hill TN just off I65 near the intersection of the southern/outer loop, which links via low traffic Spurs to I40 East of Nashville, I40 West of Nashville, and the interstate to Chattanooga and then Atlanta. There's a strip mall with about 5 fast food/sit down restaurants and several shopping locations, and across the street from a supermarket. It's on "Saturn Parkway" and Main Street. Called The Crossings.

PS I filled out the form

10. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I think Spring Hill is a bit too far out, but I'll take anything. Anywhere inside I-440 and TN-155 would be better. Spring Hill is too far south to make Louisville, KY without a Supercharger at Elizabethtown, KY. Spring Hill to Elizabethtown to Indianapolis would be about 170 miles per segment.

Middle of Nashville to the middle of Louisville is 170 miles. Then another 109 miles to the Supercharger under construction in Indianapolis.

Spring Hill is 150 miles to the Supercharger in Chattanooga.

11. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet New Member

12. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Did we pass??

13. highfalutintodd

Anyone have any additional info on where (or when) the Nashville Supercharger might pop up? Nashville is still showing on the Supercharger page as a 2014 opening but with only 30 days (and Christmas) to go before now and the new year that's seeming less and less realistic. Especially since I haven't seen hide nor hair of any site construction, permitting, rumors, anything. Given Tesla's partnership with CBL (mall developer), I assumed that the Supercharger would be at Cool Springs Galleria (which, incidentally, is right across the street from their Nashville service center) but who knows.

Fellow rumor-mongers, unite! ;-)

14. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

I wouldn't even listen to the '2014' map. It's very much a general estimate. When you are dealing with so many factors in the process of implementing a supercharger, it's so unpredictable as to when sites go online.

15. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

I will ask Keith and/or Alex when I see them Wednesday. They had no info a few weeks ago.

16. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Any word? It's now listed as "Coming Soon", which is pretty vague if past data is any indication.

I intend to drive down to Spring Training in mid-March. If I have to, I'll spend the night (and charge) in Nashville, but I'd like to try driving straight through, which is only going to be possible if the Supercharger is online.

17. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

I see site at London KY is under construction. This sits on a north/south route through Knoxville/London/Lexington/Cincinnati. I wonder if Tesla have given up on Nashville for now?

Dayton OH to LOndon KY is 208 miles.
    London KY to Chattanooga is 206 miles.

18. JPWhite

JPWhite Member

With 2015 Q1 behind us, the prospect of a Nashville SC seems to slipping into the latter half of 2015.

19. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Frankly I think Knoxville is getting first attention due to completion of KY superchargers there is an obvious gap between Chatt. and KY. There was also the "small" issue regarding the licensing of the Tesla Store in Cool Springs and now I understand that property is undergoing a sale or new management. I seriously expect the southern SC to be there but another location probably North of town may also be in the cards. Wanna bet to serve both I-65 and 24?

20. caddieo

caddieo Member

I sure hope you are right. Servicing both I 65 and 24 is an important stepping stone on routes between FL and Chicago.