Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville / Brentwood, TN (SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still think the service center is first to serve I-65 and arguably I-40 through traffic via 840. While the prospects are few North where I24 and I65 run together (please no Trinity Lane), there may be some possibilities a little bit north say Briley Parkway to Goodletsville.

As I stated in #9, traffic near the inner loop of Nashville can get pretty nasty. Now, the outer loop, SR840, while being far out, would be readily accessible to the southern sides of Nashville (I40 in both directions, I65 to/from south, I24 out 10 miles away, US31). The Crossings mall, Spring Hill: http://www.gbtrealty.com/uploads/project_534c75dd43a0d.pdf

Would need another SC north, near KY border on 65 and/or 24.
To the south, it's about 100 miles to Decatur, then about another 100 to the southern end of metro Birmingham, then about 100 more to Greenville SC. To the north, it's 100 miles to Bowling Green, and 200 miles to the southern outskirts of Louisville. The distances work well.

Nashville IMO doesn't need local chargers, as there's a boat load of Chademos, and the service center's HPWCs in the middle of it all.

Last edited:
The 2015 map seems to show Elizabethtown, KY as the connector between Louisville and Nashville. Elizabethtown is a major hub and I-65 is 8 lanes in the area. Supercharger on the south end of Nashville makes Elizabethtown a stretch. Decatur is easy from most anyplace in Nashville.

The 2015 map seems to show Elizabethtown, KY as the connector between Louisville and Nashville. Elizabethtown is a major hub and I-65 is 8 lanes in the area. Supercharger on the south end of Nashville makes Elizabethtown a stretch. Decatur is easy from most anyplace in Nashville.

Yes, Louisville and Nashville used to be on the "by the end of 2014" map. Clearly it must not yet bet 2015 as these Superchargers are not yet online. Drove the diesel to Nashville and back Friday for a lack of Supercharger.

For now, there are lot of CHAdeMO's near Nashville. From PlugShare:

Nashville.jpg

evgo is $4.95 + $0.20/minute for "up to" (not guaranteed) 44 kW rate. So that is $17 for the first hour for roughly 150 miles of charge. Diesel is only $14.50/150 miles and doesn't consume an extra hour.

If it were CHAdeMO's at that price/time penalty for the whole trip, then your point is very valid. If it is using an expensive CHAdeMO for one stop in a trip that is otherwise supported by free, fast Superchargers, then it may be worth considering.

Good Luck!

I'm pretty sure I found a Nashville supercharger under construction -- 5400 block of Charlotte Avenue in the shopping center parking lot

Easy access to I40 and White Bridge Road

Pictures to follow

So that's the Richland Creek Shopping Center, on the western side of Nashville?

What would that site be like for E-W and N-S travel?

(And thank you for the info!)

I just drove by there. OMG I sure hope JBM2002 is wrong. It won't be one week before an owner is mugged or carjacked there. Although it does appear to look like a SC build out, I think the area they have blocked off is too small for the infrastructure shed, plus the stalls. Poor location, followed by appearing too small, lends me to guess not the Nashville SC spot. We'll see.

I just drove by there. OMG I sure hope JBM2002 is wrong. It won't be one week before an owner is mugged or carjacked there. Although it does appear to look like a SC build out, I think the area they have blocked off is too small for the infrastructure shed, plus the stalls. Poor location, followed by appearing too small, lends me to guess not the Nashville SC spot. We'll see.

Yeah, I could be TOTALLY wrong -- but I couldn't figure out why else someone would block off a strip of a parking lot in a shopping center with a huge electrical installation.

The shopping center is certainly not glamorous, but it's a safe part of town. The Nations and the Sylvan Park neighborhoods are adjacent to Charlotte and are popular (if not up and coming) parts of town. And incidentally, you can see the Nashville Police Department West Precinct from the parking lot.

Again, I could be wrong-- just excited about the possibility of more Tesla infrastructure in Nashville.

Here are some pics -- comments?

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
IMG_8779.JPG
IMG_8778.JPG
IMG_8777.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8785.JPG
    IMG_8785.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_8784.JPG
    IMG_8784.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for posting the pics. I agree that it is an up and coming area. But I have to tell you, I certainly didn't feel very safe in that parking lot today. Good point on the West Police Precinct being there. Maybe that helps. One thing that would support to your theory is that this is likely one of the few spots they could find near downtown. Another point in favor is that a west side supercharger will reduce range anxiety going to Memphis on 40 and perhaps saves them from having to add Jackson. Since the service center has been quite open about the fact that there will be a supercharger at the center, this would make more sense to cover I-40. Having a supercharger planned for elizabethtown, KY also seems to support a west side charger.

Agree, that or a billboard. I don't think there is nearly enough electrical in these pictures for a Supercharger. Especially not with that tiny 125A or 200A meter box.

With Current Transformer (CT) sensing, the meter box is plenty big, but the rest of the conduits do not look like a Supercharger setup.

This does not look like a Supercharger Site.