Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville / Brentwood, TN (SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you're right because the location isn't favorable for I-24 and I-65 travelers.

Yep, I was wrong. Sorry about the false alarm. It's going to be an ATM -- pulled the permit:

TO INSTALL A REMOTE WALK UP ATM KIOSK IN PARKING LOT RICHLAND CREEK SHOPPING CENTER FOR BANK OF AMERICA. UNDER 25% EXPANSION. 15' MIN FRONT S/B. …………PURSUANT TO ORDINANCE NO. 2006-1263 OF THE METROPOLITAN CODE OF LAWS, I (THE HOLDER ON THIS PERMIT) HEREBY CERTIFY THAT ALL CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION WASTE GENERATED BY ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES GOVERNED BY THIS PERMIT SHALL BE DISPOSED OF IN AN APPROVED LANDFILL. FURTHER, I CERTIFY THAT NO CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION WASTE SHALL BE STORED ON THE PROPERTY IN VIOLATION OF ANY PROVISION OF THE METROPOLITAN CODE….

Tesla has starting work on the Superchargers at the Nashville/Brentwood showroom and service center. Went by there today and they are digging up the parking lot. Looks like they will have 6 to 8 stalls on the left hand side of the store parking lot. If all goes well they will probably be done in 4 - 6 weeks.

Tesla has starting work on the Superchargers at the Nashville/Brentwood showroom and service center. Went by there today and they are digging up the parking lot. Looks like they will have 6 to 8 stalls on the left hand side of the store parking lot. If all goes well they will probably be done in 4 - 6 weeks.

Supercharge.info indicates 6 stalls.

Location is fine if you are travelling I-65. If you are passing thru on I-40 or I-24 its a little off the beaten path.

Supercharge.info indicates 6 stalls.

Location is fine if you are travelling I-65. If you are passing thru on I-40 or I-24 its a little off the beaten path.

So happy they have started in Nashville. Seems there would have been many options in this city. But I can certainly understand using the service center location.
Maybe, they will add a location towards the center Nashville to facilitate I-40 runs. Fingers crossed. Need a Memphis location faster!! We in TN are part of the EV project, and as a state are freely selling the Model S. TN should have been one of the 1st states to be completed along I-40.

I wholeheartedly second jozegovich's comment and will slightly reword gnelson's comment to; Nashville is one of mid America's cities where two major and one medium cross country interstate highways intersect making it a prime location for multiple Supercharger locations.

So happy they have started in Nashville. Seems there would have been many options in this city. But I can certainly understand using the service center location.
Maybe, they will add a location towards the center Nashville to facilitate I-40 runs. Fingers crossed. Need a Memphis location faster!! We in TN are part of the EV project, and as a state are freely selling the Model S. TN should have been one of the 1st states to be completed along I-40.

But if you zoom in on Nashville in this for-2015 map you will see two Supercharger icons. So perhaps this is just the first, one at the store, another more readily accessible from I-40/I-24.

As for Memphis, they appear to be one of the last places in the country to get Supercharger access. Not on the 2015 map at all.

2015-northamerica.jpg

OK, so the above inserted image doesn't work that well. Here is the direct link: http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/images/supercharger/maps/2015-northamerica.jpg

I wholeheartedly second jozegovich's comment and will slightly reword gnelson's comment to; Nashville is one of mid America's cities where two major and one medium cross country interstate highways intersect making it a prime location for multiple Supercharger locations.
Nashville does have 3 Interstate Highways that intersect. If you want to be pedantic, I will correct you and state that only I-40 is a major Interstate Highway and I-24 and I-65 are minor Interstate Highways. I have never heard before that people are ranking Interstate Highways in order of importance.

Nashville does have 3 Interstate Highways that intersect. If you want to be pedantic, I will correct you and state that only I-40 is a major Interstate Highway and I-24 and I-65 are minor Interstate Highways. I have never heard before that people are ranking Interstate Highways in order of importance.

From Interstate Highway System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Numbers divisible by five are intended to be major arteries among the primary routes, carrying traffic long distances.[6][37] Major north–south arterial Interstates increase in number from I‑5 between Canada and Mexico along the West Coast to I‑95 between Canada and Miami along the East Coast; the exception is I-45, which does not leave the state of Texas, running from Galveston to Dallas. Major west–east arterial Interstates increase in number from I‑10 between Santa Monica, California, and Jacksonville, Florida, to I‑90 between Seattle, Washington, and Boston, Massachusetts...

Therefore, I-40 and I-65 are "major arteries among the primary routes." To paraphrase in the terms used in this thread, both I-40 and I-65 are both major Interstate Highways.

Hey g, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and BTW the word minor was not included anywhere in my post. What I meant by the term major only has to do with the distance served by the specific Interstate segment. I-65's service area covers the entire north - south middle of the country east of the Mississippi river and west of the Atlantic ocean while traversing from the southern end of Lake Michigan to the Gulf of Mexico. I-40's service area covers almost the entire east - west middle of the country from Wilmington, North Carolina on the Atlantic ocean to Barstow, California which comes just a little over 100 miles short of the Pacific ocean. I think of these as major Interstate highways due to their length as well as the population served throughout their paths. On the contrary, I think of a I-24 as a medium Interstate since its corridor extends mainly from Chattanooga, Tennessee to I-57 which is somewhat near St. Louis, Missouri. So to recap my unconventional use of Interstate terminology (major / medium) I perceive I-65 traverse length of almost 900 miles and I-70's traverse length of almost 2,500 miles to be major Interstates when included in a discussion involving I-24 which has a traverse length of a little more than 300 miles. I meant no slight to I-24, the area served or any other criteria you may have perceived. I merely was referring to their respective sizes in relation to each other.

Nevertheless, I forgot to ask if anybody would mind driving by Brentwood and taking/posting a picture or two.

It also forgot to ask if anybody knows where and when the SC will be put along I-24 between Brentwood and St. Louis?

Last edited:
IMG_2993.JPG

Here is the pic I took on Saturday. Not too much to see since they just got started, but the Supercharger spots are going to be located on the left hand side of the parking lot closest to the street.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are plans for a second SC in Nashville on I-40 near I-24/I-65 intersections that will facilitate the East/West travel. Maybe someone at Tesla should contact Bass Pro Shops and see if they want to OK a SC at the pyramid in Memphis. I would shop there while my car charges for sure.

I have considered Contacting Bass Pro or the city but 1) area is a bit creepy off business hours 2) might encourage locals - not that there's a huge amount of us 3) destination charger would do as well if not better 4) memphis has has or will have 4 Eisenhower interstates, plus 2 loops, and this would really only serve I40. Now, new mall in Southhaven, MS (suburb of Memphis, about 15 miles to downtown) would would cover all of these interstates, and be in a lower density living area, and be in a low crime area; alternatively, in West Memphis (which is across the Mississippi in Arkansas) has a 5 mile long segment where I40 and I55 form a very acute angle, and there's every imaginable brand of truck stop and gas stations in the narrow strip of land between. That would be great for efficiency in covering the 2 major routes. I'd expect the 'Memphis' SC to be in one of these locations, or 50 miles away.

I have considered Contacting Bass Pro or the city but 1) area is a bit creepy off business hours 2) might encourage locals - not that there's a huge amount of us 3) destination charger would do as well if not better 4) memphis has has or will have 4 Eisenhower interstates, plus 2 loops, and this would really only serve I40. Now, new mall in Southhaven, MS (suburb of Memphis, about 15 miles to downtown) would would cover all of these interstates, and be in a lower density living area, and be in a low crime area; alternatively, in West Memphis (which is across the Mississippi in Arkansas) has a 5 mile long segment where I40 and I55 form a very acute angle, and there's every imaginable brand of truck stop and gas stations in the narrow strip of land between. That would be great for efficiency in covering the 2 major routes. I'd expect the 'Memphis' SC to be in one of these locations, or 50 miles away.

The mall anchored by Target and Best Buy just east of 240 and Poplar ave would be a good spot as well. Safe neighborhood, very convenient to the loop and not unreasonable for travel north on 55. Plenty of restaurants and other infrastructure.

The mall anchored by Target and Best Buy just east of 240 and Poplar ave would be a good spot as well. Safe neighborhood, very convenient to the loop and not unreasonable for travel north on 55. Plenty of restaurants and other infrastructure.
Don't want to send combative, but if I were driving from St Louis to New Orleans on I55, I'd be pretty unhappy to have to leave I55 at the river,, travel all the way around metro Memphis on the 40/240 loop, thru all the worst traffic spots in Memphis, 20 miles out of the way each way/40 total, to get my charge. I'd then have to turn around and go back thru that same traffic to get south. I40 OTOH flows east/west on either northern or southern leg of the loop, no real difference, and comes together on both sides, AND if you were headed e.g. east on I40, you could readily get on future I269 near south haven and bypass all of Memphis traffic, getting back on I40 out at Lakeland, for minimal time lost to traffic. (or jump over to future I22 current US78 and head to Birmingham)

edit: shoot, that was pretty combative. Also, this thread is supposed to be about Nashville. Sorry.

Last edited:
Don't want to send combative, but if I were driving from St Louis to New Orleans on I55, I'd be pretty unhappy to have to leave I55 at the river,, travel all the way around metro Memphis on the 40/240 loop, thru all the worst traffic spots in Memphis, 20 miles out of the way each way/40 total, to get my charge. I'd then have to turn around and go back thru that same traffic to get south. I40 OTOH flows east/west on either northern or southern leg of the loop, no real difference, and comes together on both sides, AND if you were headed e.g. east on I40, you could readily get on future I269 near south haven and bypass all of Memphis traffic, getting back on I40 out at Lakeland, for minimal time lost to traffic. (or jump over to future I22 current US78 and head to Birmingham)

edit: shoot, that was pretty combative. Also, this thread is supposed to be about Nashville. Sorry.

No worries, didn't see it as combative ;) My thinking was that since Nashville is already just over 200 miles, and the planned (under construction) supercharger site there is a few miles south of I-40, that a supercharger on the east side of Memphis is a better bet, especially for 60 and 70kwh cars. The southeast corner puts you in range (although at the outer edges for some cars and weather) of both Nashville and Jackson, MS where another supercharger is planned. Little Rock is much closer to the west, and St. Louis at 310 miles is a non-starter until there is a supercharger on the route (I think Sikeston, MO is planned)

So... for Memphis to connect to the rest of the supercharger network it should be on the east side of town, at least until Jackson, TN is built and going north won't be possible until there is a supercharger between St Louis and Memphis.

I think Memphis is the largest MSA in the lower 48 that currently isn't in range of a supercharger, although El Paso, TX may be close.