Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville / Brentwood, TN (SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those travelling there are 3 CHAdeMO units at Nissan HQ within 5 miles of this site that are probably getting little to no use right now.

Visited Nissan's HQ and when I saw this sign I didn't feel welcome:

NissanHQ_CHAdeMO.jpg

I would interpret that to mean:

"Visitors" - anyone with business at Nissan's HQ is welcome to charge while there doing said business

"Retail Customers" - anyone with a Nissan Plug In Electric Vehicle

So I understand the OP or anyone else not feeling welcome if they went there in a Model S for the sole purpose of charging.

I would interpret that to mean:

"Visitors" - anyone with business at Nissan's HQ is welcome to charge while there doing said business

"Retail Customers" - anyone with a Nissan Plug In Electric Vehicle

So I understand the OP or anyone else not feeling welcome if they went there in a Model S for the sole purpose of charging.

I went the opposite direction with this. I took it as "no Nissan Employees or Retail Workers or Staff charging". Basically, if you work here, we are saving this station for people who don't.

Agree. I believe that they are trying to convince their employees that they can't charge up for free, at work. Rather, these spaces are for visitors and customers.

The other two rapid chargers are in the open parking lot as you exit the visitor parking area. No signs on those and they are less 'visible' being around the side of the building.

I've seen a Model S parked overnight at the Level 2 chargers. They felt welcome enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. I believe that they are trying to convince their employees that they can't charge up for free, at work. Rather, these spaces are for visitors and customers.

When someone parks in the visitor parking area the security guard has two questions.

1. Are you a Nissan employee?
2. Are you a contractor issued with a security badge?

If you can honestly answer no to both these questions and are 'visiting' then you are welcome to park there.

"Visited Nissan's HQ and when I saw this sign I didn't feel welcome:"

should be a moot point as soon as the Service Center Superchargers go live. Hopefully, they pass their final electrical inspection this week. fingers crossed!

Quite possible as the employee parking has about 20 EVSE stations under a canopy about 200' to the right of the sign above.

Interpreted the sign to mean because I was a freeloader and not an Honest Nissan Visitor that I was not welcome.

I think you may be referring to me. What I meant was that southern Nashville to Lexington at ~230 miles is (maybe) too long, unless there is a fast charger somewhere near Elizabethtown. I am making that trip in 1 month and haven't decided if I am taking my ICE or my Tesla. I'd obviously prefer the Tesla, but I am picking up and bringing home my wife and 2 small kids. We likely won't do well with a 4 hour stop at a campground. Can't make it at all without this charger, which is 215 Interstate miles from my house.

Yeah, that part of Kentucky is sadly lacking in any sort of >40 amp charging infrastructure and the 40 amp is at campgrounds.

It adds a lot of miles so you'll probably still take your ICE but if you are dead set on taking the Tesla you can go I-40 East to Knoxville, then I-75 north to London then Lexington. Longest leg is 180 miles from Nashville supercharger to Knoxville supercharger and during that stretch you pass 4 cracker barrels with chademo Blink units that may work if you have the adapter.

It adds a lot of miles and time on the trip but the last two supercharger hops are 64 miles each so you don't have to worry about charging long at all in Knoxville or London.

EV Trip Planner (id=dtz2 for the Nashville to Lexington trip via Knoxville)

Last edited:
I haven't been to Nashville in many many years, and even then I was visiting friends that lived in the burbs. Getting this car makes me want to do more road trips and now I have a convenient excuse - "want to try new Supercharger"...

Yes, the SC is at the Tesla Store:
1641 Westgate Cir, Brentwood, TN 37027

I totally agree with your Birmingham assessment -- on the Tesla website, it looks like two SC are slated for north AL (somewhere around Decatur / Hunstville and somewhere around Birmingham) in 2015. <<fingers crossed>>