Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville / Brentwood, TN (SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed the in-car navigation refuses to route one to the Brentwood Supercharger? That the app doesn't list as a nearby Supercharger?

Tesla Missing Brentwood.jpg

I was there twice last summer passing through on a road trip, once during the day and once at night, both times it was VERY crowded due to it being at the service center. During the day I had to wait for a tech to move a vehicle out of the way so I could use a stall. But it does have a nice enough show room to lounge in while you wait for charging.

Has anyone noticed the in-car navigation refuses to route one to the Brentwood Supercharger? That the app doesn't list as a nearby Supercharger?
Tesla has pretty much ended their experiment with co-locating supercharger sites at service centers. Now that they are so busy with repairs and deliveries, Tesla found that they need to almost permanently monopolize the use for internal charging. And accommodating owner's use of the chargers is reducing throughput and efficiency. Plus, owner's get annoyed that they can't manage to get easy access with the center constantly hogging all the chargers. So, no one is happy. As a result, Tesla is de-listing those sites. Usually when they do this they have or will build a "replacement" supercharger away from the service center. Not sure if that will be done here, but it's not at all surprising that the location was de-listed. Hopefully the downtown Nashville location will be moving forward soon. I just checked the building permit and didn't see anything since the last note from December 2018.

• Informative
Reactions: SigNC and emorog

View attachment 415022
Mine showed up this morning. I’m in south Nashville. I’d love to have them open one in downtown. The SC stations were all in use when I was there today. Haven’t heard anything. Hasn’t head Mociaf9’s news before. But thanks all.

Reactions: Bill Foster
I was able to route to this supercharger this past weekend. I suspect it will be removed whenever another Nashville supercharger is opened. The service center was taking all charging stations with their cars, and I had to ask them to move one (which they did).

Had to drop in at the Brentwood supercharger near Nashville on a recent trip, and it was by far my worst experience with any supercharger on a long trip where we visited over a dozen. Every stall was taken when we arrived, with many of them apparently being used by the service center prepping cars for delivery. That left in-transit drivers to wait. When we finally got our chance to charge, the charge rate was abysmal. And then we got a notice that because it was a busy location, our time would be limited. The slow rate + limited time meant we had to limp along the interstate at under 60 to make it to our next location -- not fun, and made for some tense hours of driving.

Also, this location is near nothing. Not food, not shopping. Other than being able to use the bathroom at the service center, there was absolutely nothing to do while waiting.

For the rest of our trip, superchargers were just that -- super. We got in, got charged, and were able to grab a snack or browse some shops while waiting for a brisk, efficient charge. But the Brentwood location was bad enough to sour a whole day of the trip.

Had to drop in at the Brentwood supercharger near Nashville on a recent trip, and it was by far my worst experience with any supercharger on a long trip where we visited over a dozen. Every stall was taken when we arrived, with many of them apparently being used by the service center prepping cars for delivery. That left in-transit drivers to wait. When we finally got our chance to charge, the charge rate was abysmal. And then we got a notice that because it was a busy location, our time would be limited. The slow rate + limited time meant we had to limp along the interstate at under 60 to make it to our next location -- not fun, and made for some tense hours of driving.

Also, this location is near nothing. Not food, not shopping. Other than being able to use the bathroom at the service center, there was absolutely nothing to do while waiting.

For the rest of our trip, superchargers were just that -- super. We got in, got charged, and were able to grab a snack or browse some shops while waiting for a brisk, efficient charge. But the Brentwood location was bad enough to sour a whole day of the trip.
This is exactly why Tesla has stopped co-locating superchargers with Service Centers. It pretty much sucks for everyone involved, both owners and the service staff. Once the new Nashville location jdeskins just mentioned above is done being built, you can expect Tesla to remove the Brentwood location from the car's navigation so that everyone goes to the new spot.

Hmm, that's odd. I haven't been at the Brentwood supercharger in a few months, but I agree with you that it's less than ideal from a congestion standpoint.

We've never had any trouble finding food, though. There are a couple of restaurants directly across the street (Sportsman's grill and Shogun Steakhouse) and maybe five more within a couple of hundred yards.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson

Although it doesn't help your case now...

There's a new Supercharger for Nashville area under construction near I-24 & Thompson Lane. This places it about 16 miles from Brentwood charger... or about 3.5 miles off of I-65 exit 79. Reportedly scheduled to be open by Thanksgiving.

New Nashville Area Supercharger - I24/Thompson Ln
However, this new one might help you... Supercharger - Nashville, TN (Old Hickory Blvd)

A year later update. While this supercharger still shows up on the maps, don't use it unless you're desperate - as has been reported, it's always full, and very slow once you do get a slot. There is now a new and mostly working supercharger on Thompson Lane, although it's had some technical issues lately with non-working stalls. There is also a nearly finished new supercharger in Brentwood, near a target and several good food choices. And yet another one is scheduled to be built in West Nashville, also near a target.