Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by National Harbor today for a peek. The whole lot has been resurfaced and the striping is done. The landscaping looks done and the irrigation people were tuning the sprayers. There are new poles up to hold signs at the non Tesla spots, but the signs are not on yet. The wheel chocks have arrived but have not been bolted to the ground yet.

I lucked out and ran across the Foreman on site. He said final inspections for the power side are scheduled for this week. If all goes well, this weekend or early next week it should open.

View attachment 248294 View attachment 248295 View attachment 248296
Awesome news! Saving my first Supercharge for this location!

Reactions: Austral
After lurking on TMC for years, seeing the slander of the Laurel SC, and being a PG native I figured this would be my first post. I can almost guarantee that Tesla owners won't have an issue with crime at this location. I was there at RedStone Saturday and PGPD as well as private security were in abundance. I don't even see the "ATV/Dirtbike" incident happening again.

Even leaving MGM at 3am on a weekday I still see a police presence. Also keep in mind there are residents that live right next to the chargers.

If people want to see active crime for comparisons sake they can spend the day with me in Baltimore City.

Some more pics from the site today. Signs are up for Tesla only side and also for the hourly cars for the remainder of the lot. The pay to park kiosk is live so tried it out. They ask for your license plate number and how long you intend to park. It's $6 per hour but it doesn't ask what stall number you are parked. I assume the Tesla spots do not require payment because they don't direct you to "Pay at machine" like the other spots do. On the power side, the cabinets are all locked up and it looks like the work is complete. Any day now!

IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2454.JPG
IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG

It seems these white "Tesla Parking Only" signs were put up in error, but according to them currently the whole lot is reserved for TESLA (whatever that is :rolleyes:) perhaps excluding the handicap spots that are not numbered. All the spots have the tire bumpers. 26 spots, 2 are handicap,12 stalls, 6 are Tesla Vehicle Charging Only, 6 are 30-minute General Parking.
IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6356.JPG
IMG_6357.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6359.JPG
IMG_6360.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_6364.JPG

Speaking of numbers the stalls are not numbered yet and the screws are not in. Mmm... river rocks! o_O

It seems these white "Tesla Parking Only" signs were put up in error, but according to them currently the whole lot is reserved for TESLA (whatever that is :rolleyes:) perhaps excluding the handicap spots that are not numbered. All the spots have the tire bumpers. 26 spots, 2 are handicap,12 stalls, 6 are Tesla Vehicle Charging Only, 6 are 30-minute General Parking.
View attachment 248962 View attachment 248963 View attachment 248964 View attachment 248965 View attachment 248966 View attachment 248967 View attachment 248968 View attachment 248969 View attachment 248970 View attachment 248971

Speaking of numbers the stalls are not numbered yet and the screws are not in. Mmm... river rocks! o_O
Ya I would say the "Tesla parking only" signs on the posts by the general parking are a mistake. Specifically the one between slots 18 and 19 as well as the one by 22. Good catch on the screws!

It seems these white "Tesla Parking Only" signs were put up in error, but according to them currently the whole lot is reserved for TESLA (whatever that is :rolleyes:) perhaps excluding the handicap spots that are not numbered. All the spots have the tire bumpers.

Ya I would say the "Tesla parking only" signs on the posts by the general parking are a mistake. Specifically the one between slots 18 and 19 as well as the one by 22.

Couldn't Tesla be renting the entire lot? Where did the signs come from? Why would Tesla have paid for all those extra wheel stops? I'm not arguing one way or the other, but I wouldn't dismiss it as a mistake so quickly.

Nope.
Strasburg VA is second best and Mt. Shasta CA is the best by far.

I love Strasburg - one night I was there charging enjoying the evening quiet, looking at the mountains and suddenly one of the four outdoor tankless water heaters on the back of Denny's ignited and blew off a huge cloud of steam and sounded like a A-10 Warthog coming in on a gun run - it ruined it for me ever since. I feel like I need to get a flak jacket and a "mitch" helmet every time I go there.. Haven't experienced Mount Shasta yet... so can't compare.

There seem to be a bunch of folks following this thread with National Harbor contacts. An impromptu ribbon cutting was recently planned at Charlottesville and it was cancelled because the community planned something with legislators and Tesla. Can someone check if the NH management is planning something that we should be aware of? Much appreciated.

There seem to be a bunch of folks following this thread with National Harbor contacts. An impromptu ribbon cutting was recently planned at Charlottesville and it was cancelled because the community planned something with legislators and Tesla. Can someone check if the NH management is planning something that we should be aware of? Much appreciated.

I'm on it! I've reached out to Tesla to see if they have any ribbon cutting plans. If not, shall we shoot for Sunday, October 1st around lunch time?

Reactions: jcadman22 and MMC-
Couldn't Tesla be renting the entire lot? Where did the signs come from? Why would Tesla have paid for all those extra wheel stops? I'm not arguing one way or the other, but I wouldn't dismiss it as a mistake so quickly.

I assume this venue wants you to stay around for more than just a quick charge. So you drive here, plugin, then when fully charged move to one of the other parking spots and continue whatever you were doing. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Big Earl