Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
47879EA8-4F75-4AAC-8D1E-D683B64E314E.jpeg

Get there at 7am on a Friday and it’s all yours, plus nobody is going to bother you, hint hint

I talked to the manager of McLoone's which is across the street from the SC. They are going to put a code in their registers for Tesla owners to get a discount if we show our key. I left before getting the final word on what the discount is, but they were excited to have us. Great food by the way.
Added a note to Plugshare.

People who visited this site mentioned parking attendants.
Does the supercharger area get closed at late hours when no attendant is around?
No, it doesn't close. The attendant is there to keep the ICE cars out of the lot. When we were there this evening, it was a full-time job. People see empty spots and they come flying in to the lot. He then quietly walks up to the car and tells them they need to move to another lot.

I can now confirm that the first hour is just $3 for parking. I think this is a great compromise between free and $6. After tonight, I'm happy to pay because management has chosen to put a real live attendant at the lot during high-traffic times to keep ICE vehicles out of the lot. It truly is one of the best supercharging stops I've visited, and I've visited a lot of them.

The parking stub is numbered, so we can track how many people are paying to park there over time, which will roughly equate to how many Teslas have charged there. My stub was #93 tonight. Not bad four just 3.5 days in operation.

IMG_20171006_221553.jpg
NH parking receipt.png

excellent. I hope more super chargers are installed in prime expensive real estate locations with good amenities and good service attendents to police the lot. I'm very happy to pay for such benefits when I use them.

I can now confirm that the first hour is just $3 for parking. I think this is a great compromise between free and $6. After tonight, I'm happy to pay because management has chosen to put a real live attendant at the lot during high-traffic times to keep ICE vehicles out of the lot.

I can now confirm that the first hour is just $3 for parking. I think this is a great compromise between free and $6. After tonight, I'm happy to pay because management has chosen to put a real live attendant at the lot during high-traffic times to keep ICE vehicles out of the lot. It truly is one of the best supercharging stops I've visited, and I've visited a lot of them.

The parking stub is numbered, so we can track how many people are paying to park there over time, which will roughly equate to how many Teslas have charged there. My stub was #93 tonight. Not bad four just 3.5 days in operation.

View attachment 252368 View attachment 252369
I have not been to many, but I echo your sentiments about how awesome this site is. Met some friends last night for drinks; charged for a while then moved to one of the non charging spots once I was done. Met some more cool fellow Tesla owners while out there.

I talked to the manager of McLoone's which is across the street from the SC. They are going to put a code in their registers for Tesla owners to get a discount if we show our key. I left before getting the final word on what the discount is, but they were excited to have us. Great food by the way.
Someone should ask what 3 owners are going to have to do.. Show their Phone App? Bring their Tesla Key Card? :D

Made my way there for the first time today. Army, Navy, and Air Force made use of the chargers today. Was nice and peaceful. Number 1A/1B is out of service. Excellent people watching location.

Attachments

• IMG_4176.JPG
    IMG_4176.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    716.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    798.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4180.JPG
    IMG_4180.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4181.JPG
    IMG_4181.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4183.JPG
    IMG_4183.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 94
Made my way there for the first time today. Army, Navy, and Air Force made use of the chargers today. Was nice and peaceful. Number 1A/1B is out of service. Excellent people watching location.

Speaking of 1A and 1B they've been out of service for weeks. I not sure if they've ever worked. I wrapped them in caution tape back when we had our event there and was there the next weekend and somebody had taken the tape off. That weekend I called them in they had no record of a problem with them but the rep did say he saw absolutely no usage history on them so somebody at Tesla should have known that they're out of service. He did put a ticket in at that time. I was going to put some out of service tape on them again but I figured that National Harbor did not like the looks of that and removed it the first time.

• Informative
Reactions: scole04 and Austral
Today was the first time someone came by checking whether we had paid for the parking. It was dinner time on a beautiful Saturday evening, so that isn't so surprising. The signage in the middle of the entrance is doing a great job of keeping ICE vehicles out of the lot.

My parking stub number was 341, so they are averaging very roughly 100 cars a week that are paying for parking.

They took down most of the signs that designate the lot as "Tesla Only". There is still one up in between the chargers, as well as the free standing one at the entrance, but all the signs across from the chargers are gone. I was there today for a charge, dinner, and tree lighting festivities. The non charger spots were ICE'd and security was not doing anything about it.

My car finished charging and I got the notice on my phone that idle fees had started because it was very full. Unfortunately I couldn't unplug and pull into one of the non-charger spots so I had to leave the property vs stay and enjoy the events.

Attachments

• IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2720.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 75