Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had been a while since I was through this part of the community so it was time to be reminded what a shitty experience visiting National Harbor can be. It did not disappoint.

There is no access from the south (I was driving up from La Plata) and all traffic is dumped into one pattern coming from I-495. Since this development's bread & butter are conventioneers and meeting attendees it wants no part of the community that more/less surrounds it. The street grid is congested at noon on a Sunday, with multiple one-way streets and random lot closure signs. I missed my approach into the Tesla lot (my bad) the first time and had to essentially circle the city-center area again to return.

12 Superchargers up & running with perhaps 8-9 in use. I stayed with my car to avoid the parking charges on a short visit and left ASAP when I had minimal charge to get home.

The bottom line is that this area is so congested/expensive/annoying that it should go to the bottom of your list of places to charge and only used as a 'Plan B' if something goes awry. With more SCs opening every month I trust it will be a long time before I visit again.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
It had been a while since I was through this part of the community so it was time to be reminded what a shitty experience visiting National Harbor can be. It did not disappoint.

There is no access from the south (I was driving up from La Plata) and all traffic is dumped into one pattern coming from I-495. Since this development's bread & butter are conventioneers and meeting attendees it wants no part of the community that more/less surrounds it. The street grid is congested at noon on a Sunday, with multiple one-way streets and random lot closure signs. I missed my approach into the Tesla lot (my bad) the first time and had to essentially circle the city-center area again to return.

12 Superchargers up & running with perhaps 8-9 in use. I stayed with my car to avoid the parking charges on a short visit and left ASAP when I had minimal charge to get home.

The bottom line is that this area is so congested/expensive/annoying that it should go to the bottom of your list of places to charge and only used as a 'Plan B' if something goes awry. With more SCs opening every month I trust it will be a long time before I visit again.
Agreed. I was sure that with all the apartment dwelling well-to-dos around DC that there would be several urban chargers slated for installation.

I'm heading to National Harbor for an event this weekend and decided to read up on the parking situation. (Thank you to all who contributed to this thread.) I was surprised to discover that on the Tesla lot parking page of the National Harbor Web site it says "Important Note: The Tesla Lot will be closing at the end of October 2018."

I know the "pay to charge" is an irritant to most of us, but it'll still be a bummer if these charging stations aren't relocated and just disappear.

Not surprised National Harbour is a money grubbing operation and the free chargers must be cutting into their parking lot revenue.
There are much better options for a charging location. SSE DC is a rough area even with the National Harbour “glitz”, especially after hours.

I'm heading to National Harbor for an event this weekend and decided to read up on the parking situation. (Thank you to all who contributed to this thread.) I was surprised to discover that on the Tesla lot parking page of the National Harbor Web site it says "Important Note: The Tesla Lot will be closing at the end of October 2018."

I know the "pay to charge" is an irritant to most of us, but it'll still be a bummer if these charging stations aren't relocated and just disappear.

I just called National Harbor for more information and spoke with Brandon, the parking manager.

Lot F, aka the Tesla lot, has been sold to a hotel developer. The property gets handed over to the construction company on November 1st.

Peterson Companies is working with Tesla to have the Superchargers relocated to the 1st level of the Fleet Street garage, located directly across Waterfront Street from the current Supercharger location. Brandon indicated that the situation is in Tesla's hands, as they're the ones who need to obtain the necessary permits and do the construction. It could take a while before the National Harbor Supercharger is up and running again.

Fleet_Garage_01.jpg

The Fleet Garage in National Harbor where Superchargers are reportedly planned to be installed.

The link for Tesla parking at National Harbor is no longer working.

From Miss Utility. Looks like something is happening at a parking garage.

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: INST UG LINE
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number:

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: PRINCE GEORGES
Place: OXON HILL
Subdivision:
Address:
Street: POTOMAC PASSAGE
Intersecting Street: FLEET ST
Extent of Work: MARK A 50FT RADIUS OF THE PARKING GARAGE LOCATED ON THE NE CORNER OF THE ABOVE INTERSECTION

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lanny and Thinkje
The link for Tesla parking at National Harbor is no longer working.

From Miss Utility. Looks like something is happening at a parking garage.

DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: INST UG LINE
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number:

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: PRINCE GEORGES
Place: OXON HILL
Subdivision:
Address:
Street: POTOMAC PASSAGE
Intersecting Street: FLEET ST
Extent of Work: MARK A 50FT RADIUS OF THE PARKING GARAGE LOCATED ON THE NE CORNER OF THE ABOVE INTERSECTION

It's good to see the permit for the parking garage has already been pulled. I posted about the move to the Fleet Street garage a few days ago Supercharger - National Harbor, MD