Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - National Harbor, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m heading to DC in March and national harbor is a S.C. I may use. Do they allow Tesla complimentary parking if only charging or do they charge the 5 bucks?

Nobody gets free parking at National Harbor. If you’re just passing through the area, the Springfield, VA Supercharger is a better opion (faster charging speed and no parking fees). That said, National Harbor is a beautiful location with several good dining options.

1. New address, new machinery. If you’re collecting Superchargers, this counts as a new location.

2. It was all relatively new. I assume they go back to Tesla and perhaps get sold to fleets that want their own Superchargers.
Sorry. What I meant by the 1st question is does this count in the Most Superchargers Visted competition?

But then how can I redeem myself for the other Supercharger at National Harbor if it no longer exists?
@Big Earl is correct. In the image below, you can see the US locations that can no longer be added to your tally. Some of these sites have new sister locations that are close (e.g., National Harbor), some were temporary (e.g., at a racetrack for a weekend or Lyndhurst which was never really open to the public), and some just outright closed.

You can interact with these locations on the Tableau visualization. See the Supercharger Trends tab and select only the closed option.

closed.JPG

Attachments

• closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 91
  • closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 47
  • closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 43
Charged there successfully while staying overnight at the Gaylord. FYI, this lot is 20$ for 24 hours but the Gaylord hotel is $30 so I opted to leave the car in the garage rather than move it when I was done. Just have to move after charging to avoid idle fees (and not be a DB blocking an EV spot not charging). The garage is a few blocks from the hotel.

One pointer is to enter the Fleet Street Garage via the Potomac Passage entrance. If you enter off Fleet Street it is tricky to turn into the area where the Superchargers are.

Reactions: mrjwen
December 3rd 2019.

Maybe I missed it but I thought this site (the new urban chargers) went in with 8 pedestals. I was there today and I see 4 more to total 12. Am i crazy? Did I just miss the 4 others or are they indeed new?