TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger needed in Appleton-Greenbay area

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by GordonBremer, Feb 29, 2016.

1. GordonBremer

GordonBremer Member

Are any of you campaigning for a Supercharger in this area? Best I can tell, there are no destination chargers, either. Please update me if I am wrong. I had sent two request emails to the CopperLeaf in Appleton and never even got a response. I am from Florida, but want to travel up there.

Model X Signature VIN 00429

2. Thxdude

Thxdude Member

Green Bay is scheduled to get a Supercharger this year. There are several HPWC in the area including the Aloft Hotel.

3. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Correct about the SC. Greatful the Aloft has a HPWC, unfortunately, it is set at only 40 amp at 208v with some nice voltage sag :-( On the bright side, it's a 3 minute walk from the Railway Museum!

4. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I have a cousin in Appleton with a 14-50 in his garage (about 4 miles north of the CopperLeaf). I bet he'd be happy to let you use it if you took him and his family for a ride in your X. He and his wife own/operate a solar installation business and installed the 14-50 so I could charge when I visit. Send me a PM if that sounds like it would work for you.

5. GordonBremer

GordonBremer Member

Thanks. My daughter lives within walking distance of your cousin , I believe. I will get in contact when we head up that way from Florida.

6. GordonBremer

GordonBremer Member

It is now mid-June. Any news about the SC planned for this year?

7. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Nothing permitted or under construction on supercharge.info yet, so it's unlikely (but not impossible) that one will be ready this summer.