Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger needed in Kanab, UT?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh. Looks like I’ll have to get a refresh S Long Range to make that trip.

Blanding to Flagstaff is 251 miles. Farmington to Flagstaff is 284 miles.

Blanding to Page is 200 miles, via AZ-98. Farmington to Page is 232 miles.

So, it's not direct, but Blanding, through Monument Valley to Page to Flagstaff ought to be easily doable for most cars nowadays (except mine).

Page to Flagstaff is 137 miles. St. George to Page is 154 miles. (Kanab would be a big help for visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon but it isn't necessary for getting from St. George to Page, in moderate weather.)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

So, it's not direct, but Blanding, through Monument Valley to Page to Flagstaff ought to be easily doable for most cars nowadays (except mine).

Page to Flagstaff is 137 miles. St. George to Page is 154 miles. (Kanab would be a big help for visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon but it isn't necessary for getting from St. George to Page, in moderate weather.)
There's a 194 mile route from Page to Blanding. It's a little slower but worth it for the shorter mileage. It's been a while but I think that's the route that I took back in 2017. I was just checking out the superchargers that I hadn't been to yet at the time which is why I was on that route. I went in the uphill direction so it was somewhat difficult in an S90D with 280 rated miles. Wouldn't be difficult at all in the downhill direction unless you are driving an S60 :) Also, the speed limits are somewhat low on those roads so that helps. It's definitely not difficult to drive slowly in that region if you want to. That being said, the route I took is probably not a common route for most people unless they were doing an exhaustive tour of the region.

Reactions: ElectricIAC

St George - page in SR car requires full charge especially in cold weather and this can be a big bottleneck with St George at a very high utilization rate. I’ve seen posts of LR RWD having to stop in Kanab to make it to page.

Kanab is also not on the Indian reservation land.