Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Needles, CA (4 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Cottonwood, can you please check with your source the status of Needles, we are heading out to the Grand Canyon Easter break & I am not very good at hypermiling or driving under the speed limit for 243 rated miles:wink:

Last edited:
Last add about Needles: I drove from Kingman to Barstow in June, and the northerly desert winds were gusting in excess of 25-30 mph. The desert also has periodic heavy rains that create flash flooding. (US 95 between Blythe and Needles was closed for several days in November 2014.) And, in winter, the desert can occasionally have quite cold (not Northern Plains cold,) temperatures in the high 20s overnight. So, all things factored together, it makes sense to have a Supercharger located at Needles to make the Interstate 40 journey relaxing. Plus as another poster said, it also allows for snow birds and other north-south travelers to make it from Vegas to Yuma. The Cathedral City Service Center said that there were about 70 local Tesla owners, and that they expected another 50-100 snow birds from points north for the winter. Needles makes perfect sense for those travelers as the Indio Supercharger is about 3 hours/165 miles away via US95, SR62, SR177 and Interstate 10. It is shorter than taking I15 to Barstow and then SR247 to Yucca Valley and SR62.

Looking forward to not having to sweat out the Barstow/Kingman leg on my way to Tucson from Napa (yes)California.

Looking forward to a charger between Harris Ranch and Barstow on Hwy 99 above Bakersfield so one doesn't have to go out of their way miles and miles to Tejon. Tesla says they are in the plans, when I emailed them a few months ago. I wonder where.

Needles now shows up on the navi system! Did they sneak another opening?:biggrin:

Must have! It appears on my touchscreen too. I hope this location is better than the Carl's Jr. parking lot in Kingman. When I charged in Kingman in June, I encountered too many sketchy types loitering about in the afternoon. Needles will cut down on charge times in Kingman, that is for sure!

Must have! It appears on my touchscreen too. I hope this location is better than the Carl's Jr. parking lot in Kingman. When I charged in Kingman in June, I encountered too many sketchy types loitering about in the afternoon. Needles will cut down on charge times in Kingman, that is for sure!

It appears on your touchscreen, so you can get the address and post it here so BlueShift can add it to Supercharge.info and we can all Google it, because we're obsessed.

Looks like it is at 2451 Needles Highway, Needles, CA 92363 at the Shell Station/Dairy Queen.

Guess what? 6.1 tells me I need intermediate charging between Colorado and Needles... :eek:

2451 Needles Hwy, Needles, CA 92363 - Google Maps

Needles IMG_7464.JPG

Needles IMG_7466.JPG

Needles Is "Open"

Needles is "open". I charged there today. It makes the Kingman-Barstow run a cinch in my 85. I say "open", because the unknowing clerk said it would be a few more days before the chargers would be available...but I had already hooked up and was grabbing electrons! BTW: It was not I who moved the sign....but I suspect another Tesla owner may have done so. Thanks, Tesla; a nailbiter drive is now a relaxed pleasure...at high speeds.
Needles Opens Sort Of.JPG