Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Needles, CA - W. Broadway St. (LIVE 9 Dec 2022, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A second Supercharger is coming soon to Needles!!

Tesla has filed permits to build 12 stalls in a vacant lot across from the existing stalls. The lot will be repaved as part of the installation.

needles.jpg

Very interested in this. Planning to travel to Laughlin, NV and Lake Havasu, CA and this is the only nearby Supercharger. It would be nice if they put in more "locations" near by. I think Needles is about 30 miles from each location and I about 150 miles from Barstow. My 2017 MS is now about 240 rated miles at 100%.

This property, directly next to the Wagon Wheel restaurant, is now under construction. I first noticed it fenced off when I drove past on July 20. I passed by this past Wednesday and the former parking area on one side of the property has been dug out 2-3 feet deep.

Reactions: Limited
This property, directly next to the Wagon Wheel restaurant, is now under construction. I first noticed it fenced off when I drove past on July 20. I passed by this past Wednesday and the former parking area on one side of the property has been dug out 2-3 feet deep.
Any Tesla charging equipment on site? Pictures? This location is desperately needed. Thanks for stopping in to check it out!

Any Tesla charging equipment on site? Pictures? This location is desperately needed. Thanks for stopping in to check it out!
As of Wednesday it was still just a big hole in the ground, nothing else. I pass through most Wednesdays and I didn't even know that it was going to be superchargers until I looked at supercharger.info today. I was just hoping they were improving parking for the Wagon Wheel. That lot was rough, LOL. I anticipate they may get some ICEing from people going to the restaurant, I hope they will have a way to limit that.

Reactions: frnkblk
Yes, as I said in my posts last Friday, it is now under construction but not a lot there yet. I passed through again yesterday and took some pics this time. Progress, but still a long way to go.

IMG_20220810_175319945_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220810_175529140_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220810_175533072_HDR.jpg

There is some conduit coming out of the ground along the wall next to the Wagon Wheel. The 2/3 of this lot outside the fencing includes the slab remains of the gas station that stood here.

I also checked the other future site at the south end of town, by the Rite Aid. Nothing is going on there yet.

New pics from yesterday. Not great photos but there is now Tesla equipment on site! I'm not exactly sure why the whole semi is parked in the empty lot when it hasn't even been fully graded yet, but there it is. This is similar to a portable charging station on a flatbed that I've seen before, but obviously no one can charge with this like it is. But the charging stations appear to already be on bases. Are they starting to make complete units now, that can just be plopped down in place rather than built on top of concrete bases that are poured on site?

IMG_20220817_183936356_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220817_184058532.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff and bmah
New pics from yesterday. Not great photos but there is now Tesla equipment on site! I'm not exactly sure why the whole semi is parked in the empty lot when it hasn't even been fully graded yet, but there it is. This is similar to a portable charging station on a flatbed that I've seen before, but obviously no one can charge with this like it is. But the charging stations appear to already be on bases. Are they starting to make complete units now, that can just be plopped down in place rather than built on top of concrete bases that are poured on site?

View attachment 842416

View attachment 842417
Yes, looks to me like two sets of pre-fab units ready to be installed quickly. Since you are from Vegas, this would be similar to the setup used at Mesquite, NV (among other places as well).

Reactions: PLUS EV