Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yellow lines now painted. Interesting how the spots don’t line up on the spots behind the stalls (will only matter if the main spots are iced or if someone was trying to charge without in hitching their trailer).

I noticed that 4 of the spots are ‘15 minute general parking’ and 4 are ‘charging only’. Probably as part of the negotiation with CT, but nice that at least half of them are only for charging.

Attachments

• C549DA97-CB40-47CB-AF1D-3E1B8C59D179.jpeg
    C549DA97-CB40-47CB-AF1D-3E1B8C59D179.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 141
  • 6062F6EC-949B-4A1B-B430-9864A4D58AC3.jpeg
    6062F6EC-949B-4A1B-B430-9864A4D58AC3.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 309B2C90-E734-4C1A-9908-4C96F8732962.jpeg
    309B2C90-E734-4C1A-9908-4C96F8732962.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 117
Yellow lines now painted. Interesting how the spots don’t line up on the spots behind the stalls (will only matter if the main spots are iced or if someone was trying to charge without in hitching their trailer).

I noticed that 4 of the spots are ‘15 minute general parking’ and 4 are ‘charging only’. Probably as part of the negotiation with CT, but nice that at least half of them are only for charging.
Thanks for the update. I did mention the 15 minute general parking in a previous post. I didn't expect the parking lines to line up. The ones in the back aren't meant for Tesla. It just so happens that you could technically park there and charge from six of the eight stalls. I imagine it will be very rare for someone to charge from those spots.

Reactions: ChooseGreen
Did several timed runs to and from the Queensway. The results should allay the concerns that this is too much of a diversion. All timings are from the Queensway to a dead stop at the SC or vice versa.

From Queensway eastbound: 2:13
From Queensway westbound 2:45
From SC to Queensway westbound 3:29
Didn't try from SC to Queensway Eastbound, but I would put it around 2:30

Construction was going full blast at 4 pm this afternoon.View attachment 564917
I've made at least three timings westbound and while driving more than the speed limit and subtracting any time at lights, twice I got 2:50 which is the fastest I got there.

I mean there is only these locations marked coming soon (outside of the GTA)
- Bancroft
- Bracebridge
- Brockville
- Collingwood
- Kincardine
- Orangeville
- Orilla
- Renfrew

I doubt they would work on any urban chargers right now in the GTA such as Oakville or Liberty Village?
Well....you're one for one so far as Kincardine has gone under construction. Assuming it's the same crew who claimed they'd be doing five more in the province this year, they still have four more to go. Collingwood, Orillia, Bancroft, and perhaps Orangeville would be ideal to be next if the intent is widespread coverage. I'll be shocked if Brockville gets started.

Well it is such a nice day I decided to shake off the riding cobwebs and take out one of my 2 wheeled distilled dino juice burners and check out the status of the Nepean SC. It is NOT open and in fact there is wiring yet to be done. While certainly not high voltage wiring, it remains to be done.

Nepean_SC_1.jpg

And as flabbergasting as it may be there is already damage to one of the charging cable pedestals. Poor installation or done later, who knows?

Nepean_SC_2.jpg

I was also a bit concerned that the pedestals are mounted in what was a walkway between Robertson Road and the parking lot. Probably not used a lot but I hope this doesn't result in further damage to the installation and especially damage to cars left charging. The other problem with this is that since so many people "park" by bumping their wheels into the curb, it is almost certainly just a matter of time before someone parking on the backside (right as you look at the photo) knocks over a pedestal - probably 2 at once since the backside parking spots don't align with the charging spots.

Nepean_SC_3.jpg

So not open and still a bit of work to do before certification and testing. I won't hold my breath for the upcoming week.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Well it is such a nice day I decided to shake off the riding cobwebs and take out one of my 2 wheeled distilled dino juice burners and check out the status of the Nepean SC. It is NOT open and in fact there is wiring yet to be done. While certainly not high voltage wiring, it remains to be done.

View attachment 576625

And as flabbergasting as it may be there is already damage to one of the charging cable pedestals. Poor installation or done later, who knows?

View attachment 576635

I was also a bit concerned that the pedestals are mounted in what was a walkway between Robertson Road and the parking lot. Probably not used a lot but I hope this doesn't result in further damage to the installation and especially damage to cars left charging. The other problem with this is that since so many people "park" by bumping their wheels into the curb, it is almost certainly just a matter of time before someone parking on the backside (right as you look at the photo) knocks over a pedestal - probably 2 at once since the backside parking spots don't align with the charging spots.

View attachment 576631

So not open and still a bit of work to do before certification and testing. I won't hold my breath for the upcoming week.
I went last night in the middle of the night. I didn't notice any damage of any sort. However, if anyone wants to charge from the backside, you will likely have to park with you wheel on the line or even slightly over because even with the new V3 flexible hose, it's tricky for it to reach the charge port since the parking lines don't line up. Plugging in to the third stall from transformer box meant I had to hug the curb about as tight as I could and reverse very close to the stall in order for the cable to reach the charging port. The stalls are actually a little closer to the normal parking spots than the back side. I suppose you're not really supposed to charge from the back side, but it could be a backup if really need be.

Hey guys

If anyone knows a way of getting in touch with the Supercharger installation team let me know!

To finish my degree at Carleton I have to volunteer and I’d love to work for free helping them in any way I can.

Hey guys

If anyone knows a way of getting in touch with the Supercharger installation team let me know!

To finish my degree at Carleton I have to volunteer and I’d love to work for free helping them in any way I can.
I think if you go back through this thread there’s some pictures where you can see a vehicle from the company doing the installation with a company name in the side. I think they may be out of New Hamburg (near Kitchener). There seem to be a number of companies that Tesla is using for their installs.

Something else that is noteworthy -- there are new additional bollards on every charging cabinet now. I wasn't sure if they were something new when i saw them so I didn't snap a picture since my phone was already put away. By going back over the pictures in this thread I can now they were not installed previously.
The bollards are about 2 feet tall by about 4-6 inches diameter and are right up against the front corners of the chargers. They are chrome metal. They look quite sharp and will definitely prevent damage from plows and vehicles backing into them. I didn't notice if they were also on the backside of the chargers in this lot.

Hey guys

Tesla hires outside contractors to do the installation of all Superchargers. They do have a Supercharger team that scouts out and writes contracts with site owners and contractors. NB: The Canadian web page does mention University students and intern jobs.

Jobs at Tesla | Tesla Canada
go to the bottom of the page

Something else that is noteworthy -- there are new additional bollards on every charging cabinet now. I wasn't sure if they were something new when i saw them so I didn't snap a picture since my phone was already put away. By going back over the pictures in this thread I can now they were not installed previously.
The bollards are about 2 feet tall by about 4-6 inches diameter and are right up against the front corners of the chargers. They are chrome metal. They look quite sharp and will definitely prevent damage from plows and vehicles backing into them. I didn't notice if they were also on the backside of the chargers in this lot.

Still not powered tonight but I got some pics of the bollards. Looking at pictures of other Supercharger stations, it looks like Nepean is the only one so far to get this protection. Maybe it is the first of a new design improvement.
20200820_201846.jpg

20200820_201837.jpg 20200820_201819.jpg 20200820_201745.jpg