Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those do indeed look quite sharp!! Thanks for posting photos. I just wish they were on the back side as well though because in my mind the pedestals are at a greater risk of damage from from people carelessly parking on that side and ICEing on the front. Tesla drivers will be careful backing up when connecting but others, well probably not so much...

Wish they would go with this much better design more often, for many reasons. Easier for hiched bikes and have to put less in the way to avoid damage. Easily could have done this in Perth, and I know it is narrow island here so might not be possible.
83eb6ir2ko621.jpg

Wish they would go with this much better design more often, for many reasons. Easier for hiched bikes and have to put less in the way to avoid damage. Easily could have done this in Perth, and I know it is narrow island here so might not be possible.
83eb6ir2ko621.jpg
Luckily for this location, people carrying bikes can park and charge on the other side of some charging stations

Reactions: surfaholic
Still not powered tonight but I got some pics of the bollards. Looking at pictures of other Supercharger stations, it looks like Nepean is the only one so far to get this protection. Maybe it is the first of a new design improvement.
View attachment 578840
View attachment 578842 View attachment 578843 View attachment 578844
Friday early morning check results in no power as well. I hadn't noticed the silver metal pegs. While they don't have them on the backside, the backside is also further from the stalls, so it should probably be okay. Unless it miraculously gets turned on later today, one would think it would almost certainly be next week or the week before Labour Day.

83eb6ir2ko621.jpg
That's a very awkward reach to grab the handle and put it back. Elderly or handicapped people might not even be able to do it. So better for people with bike racks, worse for everyone else, and completely useless for a small percentage of the population. I'm glad this design isn't more prevalent.

So better for people with bike racks, worse for everyone else, and completely useless for a small percentage of the population.
So over all a design flaw that will, lose x number of customers no matter how you slice it. They look great but the design is lacking if they want to make everyone happy. Really need a design refresh especially with the y and coming cybertruck where people will be hauling more and more things like bikes and even trailers.

My Tesla doesn't show this location as a valid charging location, so officially it looks like it is still 'under construction'. This means that the Tesla can't prep the battery for charging.
Yes, that picture shows that charging is possible, can someone confirm this please?

I (and several others here) have been visiting this SC regularly and it is just waiting for the power to be turned on, as far as we can tell. Once that happens, it normally shows up on the Tesla app & nav within a day or 7. I'm sure it will be posted here once something happens

Is anyone in Ottawa able to update us on the status of this supercharger site? We would like to plan a trip to Ottawa to go to our favourite pizza place.

I gotta ask -- what is your fav pizza place in Ottawa?

I (and several others here) have been visiting this SC regularly and it is just waiting for the power to be turned on, as far as we can tell. Once that happens, it normally shows up on the Tesla app & nav within a day or 7. I'm sure it will be posted here once something happens

I gotta ask -- what is your fav pizza place in Ottawa?
Colonnade Pizza on Metcalfe St