Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful night in Bells Corners and we are only ones here!

Attachments

• 16034977082573441313740022107142.jpg
    16034977082573441313740022107142.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 95
Good to hear the chargers are finally working. I don't see this location listed yet as a charging destination on my car's navigation system. Does anyone know how long it takes before it will show up?
I am hoping this is the testing stage and when it shows in the navigation system, it works to full capacity. I say this because when I charged last night, the highest I got was 130kw and then it slowed down like normal as it got full. I wonder if anyone else who charged experienced the same thing. This might imply Tesla still has to commission it.

I am hoping this is the testing stage and when it shows in the navigation system, it works to full capacity. I say this because when I charged last night, the highest I got was 130kw and then it slowed down like normal as it got full. I wonder if anyone else who charged experienced the same thing. This might imply Tesla still has to commission it.
That is normal behaviour for any supercharger. Nothing unique there.

However your underlying statement may be correct. History has shown that a supercharger that comes online (especially V3) will be on again off again for up to a period of weeks before it stays on. Likewise it takes a short while to show up on the nav info. These 2 events may or may not happen together.

I hope it's a typo that they're limited to 150kW

That has happened several times recently. My guess is that the admin interface that Tesla uses to add Superchargers to their site has a text box that still defaults to "150" instead of "250", and that the person adding them forgets to update kW when adding a new one. It usually gets corrected a few days later.

Why only 8 chargers in a site like this? The NCR only has one other SC and it is right downtown in a paid parking garage. Surely this site will see a lot of usage.
Hopefully we will get some of the other 2018 promised superchargers in the area soonish and hopefully this one won't be overloaded. Brockville, Renfrew, Gaitineau. I'm for more spread out SC, then one mega SC

Reactions: martind3 and 5JMJ
Agreed but Tesla has a cost of equity that is pretty close to zero. They should be taking advantage of that while it exists and doing things to give them a permanent sustainable competitive advantage - like SCs. And 6-8 is not a lot of chargers at one site, especially if a few gare offline for whatever reason. With that few chargers you can't depend on not having to wait - Kingston is an example of this.

Kingston is an example of this
I would argue Kingston traffic and over use is due to not getting Brockville going, not so much the size. Regardless this supercharger will help relieve some of the pressure off Kingston. Although the number of new Y's I have seen in the Ottawa area. I do expect this supercharger and Kingston will be just as overcrowded just due to the recent increased volume of Tesla's(yah!). Hopefully the reason this one isn't huge is they have something pretty large planned for Brockville(crossfingers)

Reactions: martind3
Nepean Bells Corners is quite limited in parking spaces already.

If anything, I hope they do the following:
- Open Renfrew
- Open Brockville
- Negotiate with Rideau for parking free after mall hours for Tesla supercharger usage
- Consider a location beside Highway 50, either at Montée Paiement or Labrosse.

One of my worries is the usage patterns at Rideau, Casselman and Perth will discourage a new station in Ottawa/Gatineau. And my other worry is that they may expand Rideau Supercharger instead.

This is all opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: surfaholic
I would argue Kingston traffic and over use is due to not getting Brockville going, not so much the size. Regardless this supercharger will help relieve some of the pressure off Kingston. Although the number of new Y's I have seen in the Ottawa area. I do expect this supercharger and Kingston will be just as overcrowded just due to the recent increased volume of Tesla's(yah!). Hopefully the reason this one isn't huge is they have something pretty large planned for Brockville(crossfingers)
You are probably right. I keep hoping for Brockville, but having lots of sites at Kingston would also be great. It is 315km from my house to Brockville. That is a bit tight for my P85D, especially in winter. Kingston is closer to halfway on the Toronto-Ottawa run so that makes the most sense in a lot of ways. The advantage to charging at Brockville is that you may get more charge speed for the same amount of time as you are starting at a lower charge level.