Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your State of Charge (SOC) is higher than 30%, and your battery is cold/low regen, you will not receive 250KW.

I’m relatively new to Tesla, only got the car in June.

Obviously not able to pre condition the batteries because it’s not selectable in the Nav, but car had been driven about 50km’s prior to starting the charge, started about 38% SoC or so... is charging that slow normal?

Through the summer I went to Montreal a few times, to a 150kW station with similar SoC and always charged much faster than this, but was able to precondition the batteries. I’ve used Casselman and Rideau SC’s before but dont remember what I got there.

Fwiw, another gentleman showed up with a model S, think he said 20% SoC... topped out at the same 58kW

Jared

If anything, I hope they do the following:
- Open Renfrew
- Open Brockville
- Negotiate with Rideau for parking free after mall hours for Tesla supercharger usage
- Consider a location beside Highway 50, either at Montée Paiement or Labrosse.

1- probably not for a while
2- should be soon, and we know where but I haven’t of any progress in a while
3- not gonna happen
4- heard of something coming north of the border “soon”, but I have no idea where

Finally open and showing in tesla page as 250 !

Nepean, ON - Robertson Road Supercharger | Tesla Canada

Nap.png

if you got SR+ , max on a nice summer hot day with SOC less than 5% is 170kw for V3 ( Max Limit for SR+ )

I have an LR AWD. As I said I’m new to this whole thing and how temperatures affect things...sometimes I come home and plug in set to 60%, it finishes, app tells me its done charging to 60% and when I wake up in the morning, it’s at 56%. I guess the recent cold affects the capacity as the batteries get cold over night. Whats the threshold where it will top back up as I leave it plugged in, I thought I read somewhere it will top back up after a 3% drop. Mine doesn’t seem to.

In the summer sometimes I would wake up to 63%. Sometimes I slide the slider in the app to all the way to 100% and it tells me 98%, sometimes it says 100%.

All very confusing to a newbie who’s used to just filling up with fuel.

Either way, the car is great, absolutely love it. Just chalking all the weird behavior up to temperature changes

I have an LR AWD. As I said I’m new to this whole thing and how temperatures affect things...sometimes I come home and plug in set to 60%, it finishes, app tells me its done charging to 60% and when I wake up in the morning, it’s at 56%. I guess the recent cold affects the capacity as the batteries get cold over night. Whats the threshold where it will top back up as I leave it plugged in, I thought I read somewhere it will top back up after a 3% drop. Mine doesn’t seem to.

In the summer sometimes I would wake up to 63%. Sometimes I slide the slider in the app to all the way to 100% and it tells me 98%, sometimes it says 100%.

All very confusing to a newbie who’s used to just filling up with fuel.

Either way, the car is great, absolutely love it. Just chalking all the weird behavior up to temperature changes

yes .. all these above are normal and its there to protect our battery, unless a car with gas tank, in order to prolong the health of battery, tesla has implemented all these restrictions and these are actually good.

just dont slide to 100% all the time, unless the next day morning, you have a trip which is longer than 490km ...

yes .. all these above are normal and its there to protect our battery, unless a car with gas tank, in order to prolong the health of battery, tesla has implemented all these restrictions and these are actually good.

just dont slide to 100% all the time, unless the next day morning, you have a trip which is longer than 490km ...

I should’ve been more specific, I don’t actually charge to 100%, just meant that if I slide the slider all the way right, sometimes it says 100%, and sometimes lower.

I’m usually 60% charge limit, plugged in when not in use. Rarely get down below 40% with my limited driving these days. I bump it to 80% if I’m heading out of town. Highest I’ve gone was 90% when I first got the car and had a bit of range anxiety going to Montreal.

I’m relatively new to Tesla, only got the car in June.

Obviously not able to pre condition the batteries because it’s not selectable in the Nav, but car had been driven about 50km’s prior to starting the charge, started about 38% SoC or so... is charging that slow normal?

Through the summer I went to Montreal a few times, to a 150kW station with similar SoC and always charged much faster than this, but was able to precondition the batteries. I’ve used Casselman and Rideau SC’s before but dont remember what I got there.

Fwiw, another gentleman showed up with a model S, think he said 20% SoC... topped out at the same 58kW

Jared

I don't understand why you say you are not able to pre-condition the batteries ... all you have to do is to set navigate to the SC and it will pre-condition, so you should always do this even if you don't need nav help to find the SC.

I showed up today, started @28 kw. My SOC was 40% and it was 0 deg c after driving 20 km. Brutal. After 20 min I was up to 32 KW. I changed from 1b to 1 c with no difference. I have p85 2014. Guy a couple rows over said he maxed out at 56 kw. Useless at this point.

I also tried changing spots the other day, no better. I might be back in the area tomorrow, maybe I’ll try setting Rideau SC as my destination so it pre conditions, and just go to Bells Corners to see if it makes a difference

Well. It looks like a number of people have experienced what I did - that is, not getting a full capacity charge. If it shows up in the navigation now, it should charge to a full 250kw. When I had 87km remaining on my battery at Perth SC, it reached exactly 250kw when I started to charge.