Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated images.

899318_839447316082566_2029871724_o.jpg

948689_839447529415878_1505517886_o.jpg

10377767_839447379415893_1376986110_o.jpg

10418666_839447272749237_13143923_o.jpg

@Omniflux: Thanks for hosting the Supercharger and the update pics. Finish soon, and send the workers back to Limon when they are done with Nephi! :wink:

It looks like this is where the Supercharger is going, 2100 S Main St - Google Maps. 2100 S Main St is the JC Mickelson's, the brown roof above the bubble note is the Texaco, and above that off of the picture is the Burger King. Is that a correct context for your progress pics? Any ideas on where the Transformer will go?

Nephi.jpg

Here is the Google Maps street view, showing JC Mickelson's, Texaco, and Burger King on UT-28, looking north towards I-15:
Nephi-2.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

@airj1012 sorry I missed you when you came through...unless I talked to you about a CNG station while you were there.

@Cottonwood That is all correct. The transformer will be located in the island just to the left of the pad they have already poured.

The small building to the left of the Texaco is their restrooms.

They crew is dropping in the conduit to bring power in to the transformer today. I added a photo to the imgur album; they will have it all buried before they finish tonight.

We don't see many SpCs being built that close to a petrol station.
--
a Utah trend ? :frown: The one up & running in Beaver is AT the Chevron. Nephi, tho right next to the Texaco (that I've stopped at Soooo many times) appears to be on neighboring property. The whole idea, for me, comes down to 'don't buy gas' - if I have to stop at or very near gas stations to not buy gas - so be it.
Beaver Supercharger | Tesla Motors

a Utah trend ? :frown: The one up & running in Beaver is AT the Chevron. Nephi, tho right next to the Texaco (that I've stopped at Soooo many times) appears to be on neighboring property. The whole idea, for me, comes down to 'don't buy gas' - if I have to stop at or very near gas stations to not buy gas - so be it.
Beaver Supercharger | Tesla Motors

JFK is right next to a gas station and Kingman, AZ is right across the street from one. I believe the Tifton, GA location will be very close to one as well.

Thanks for the welcome!

airj1020, sorry I missed you. Unless we talked about CNG stations, in which case, it was good to meet you!

Cottonwood, yes that is all correct. The transformer will be in the island just to the left of the pad they poured.

Yesterday and today they are working on placing the conduit to bring power over to the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottonwood, also, the small building to the left of the Texaco in your photo is their restrooms.

Thanks for the welcome!

airj1020, sorry I missed you. Unless we talked about CNG stations, in which case, it was good to meet you!

Nope not me. I actually grabbed the pictures from one of the contractors on site.

Do you own JC Mickelson's? Do you own a Tesla? Personally I do not, but I'm curious as to why you wanted the Superchargers on your property. I don't think we've had anyone in this group that was an owner of one of the Supercharging parking lots. Although you're perspective may be similar to the other members here, its awesome to be able to talk to someone that has supported this movement outside of owning a Tesla. Thank you!

No, I don't own either, but I work for JC. A Tesla Project Developer contacted us and asked if we would be interested in hosting the site, and anything that brings more traffic to the area is good for us!

I have been following Tesla for several years, but I cannot justify the cost when I spend < $2000 a year on fuel as it is. I guess I need to travel more. :)

The contractors have been great to work with, they are very experienced and seem to love what they're doing. So far today they have finished the trench back to the existing transformer they will be connecting to. I am not sure when they will be starting the electrical work, but I know we have a power outage scheduled tomorrow for the city to upgrade the next transformer up the line.

I have added a few more photos. You can get an idea of how busy Texaco gets around holidays. :)

They placed the supercharger cabinets today. Unfortunately, I was not there to see it, but photos from after the fact have been added.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Good photos that are not often taken are of the wiring connections in the Transformer, in the Distribution Center, in the Supercharger Cabinets, and in the Pedestals. Whatever pictures you can take are greatly appreciated!

Omniflux has been doing a great job of uploading pictures to Nephi UT Supercharger - Imgur. He needs to do a few more posts to TMC before he can upload directly. In the mean time, here are a few of the recent pics that he has put on Imgur.

It looks like the Supercharger Cabinets are in place and the Pedestals have been installed. The Distribution Center still needs to be put in place.

Nephi-Cabinets-1.jpg

Nephi-Cabinets-2.jpg

Nephi-Pedestal.jpg

The HV conduit to the utility connection is in place and the Transformer pad has been poured. The single conduit in the upper part of the next picture is the HV side going to the Utility. The bundle of conduits to the left is for the 3-Phase 480/277 Volt output of the Transformer to the Distribution Center.

Nephi-HV Conduit to Transformer.jpg

Nephi-Transformer Pad.jpg

It looks like they are making great progress in Nephi. Thanks again to Omniflux for the great recon and photos.

Omniflux, there is a label (about 6x6 inches in size) with ratings, etc on each Supercharger Cabinet on one of the diagonal faces on the fan side of the cabinet. Would you try and take a picture of one of those labels. Thanks!

Hopefully, they will complete this site soon and the workers can go back to Limon, CO and go back to work there!

Omniflux has been doing a great job of uploading pictures to Nephi UT Supercharger - Imgur. He needs to do a few more posts to TMC before he can upload directly. In the mean time, here are a few of the recent pics that he has put on Imgur.

It looks like the Supercharger Cabinets are in place and the Pedestals have been installed. The Distribution Center still needs to be put in place.

View attachment 50351

Looks like they're starting to use these pedestals more often. I love this version!

No new pictures today, but I will see what I can do tomorrow. Today was mostly cleanup work it looks like. They were working on filling the island between the Texaco and the superchargers with river rock when I stopped by this evening,

The asphalt contractors should be here tomorrow, I think city electricians on Monday.

No new pictures today, but I will see what I can do tomorrow. Today was mostly cleanup work it looks like. They were working on filling the island between the Texaco and the superchargers with river rock when I stopped by this evening,

The asphalt contractors should be here tomorrow, I think city electricians on Monday.

Great! I hope city electricians mean a Transformer install!