Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Network over the Thanksgiving weekend in the US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
This is pretty neat idea, can be based on proximity to the station + charge level. because I bet a lot of people probably don't really need the charge, they just do it just because they can and it's free (for most)

The best short term solution is exactly this! AVOID THIS SUPERCHARGER AT ALL COST! :p

I can't wait for the one by Target on Coleman avenue to open~ even Los Gatos will probably help reduce load. Right now the worst design/planning (Cupertino) covers the highest density of Teslas in South Bay (Campbell, Saratoga, Los Gatos, San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino).

Going from Bad to Worse... Tesla Supercharger network gets a rough test with Thanksgiving travels

It’s especially difficult in California where Tesla’s fleet has grown faster with the Model 3 production ramp up. As we reported earlier this week, Tesla sales grew by almost 400% in California this year. Tesla apparently took some precautions at high traffic stations by limiting the time you could charge to 40 minutes. Many owners reported seeing those posters:

Dsd7s-jUUAAy_BO.jpg

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Going from Bad to Worse... Tesla Supercharger network gets a rough test with Thanksgiving travels

It’s especially difficult in California where Tesla’s fleet has grown faster with the Model 3 production ramp up. As we reported earlier this week, Tesla sales grew by almost 400% in California this year. Tesla apparently took some precautions at high traffic stations by limiting the time you could charge to 40 minutes. Many owners reported seeing those posters:

Dsd7s-jUUAAy_BO.jpg
I disagree: this year's Thanksgiving was exemplory for SuperCharger availability from everything I saw posted here. This was a huge succcess, from my view.

We took a ~3000 miles road trip from San Jose to Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Salt Lake City, Reno, and back to San Jose without any problems (except one supercharger at Toole, UT) or queues. Thankfully we were mostly outside of California the entire time :cool:

We took a ~3000 miles road trip from San Jose to Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Salt Lake City, Reno, and back to San Jose without any problems (except one supercharger at Toole, UT) or queues. Thankfully we were mostly outside of California the entire time :cool:
Obvious follow-up question:

What happened at Tooele?