Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Bern, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Bern, NC

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-17, US-70
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-17

To: Newport News, VA - 207.6 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Tappahannock, VA - 269.6 miles

US-70

To: End (Atlantic, NC) - 71.5 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles

To: Newport News, VA (US-17, US-13, I-664, I-64) - 180.3 miles

Splitter on US-17, which will reduce the longest follow-the-highway gap on US-17 to 207.6 miles, making it traversible.

Also the last Supercharger on US-70,

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I used to go to Atlantic Beach a lot in my younger days, when I lived closer to that part of the state. This is exciting because it will make that part of the coast more accessible to Tesla owners.

In fact, this got me thinking: there should be Level 2 chargers at the ferry dock at Cedar Island, because if you get there early, or just a little later for your departure over to Ocracoke, you could have up to 2 hours to charge there. Heck, maybe there could even be a couple of Level 2 chargers on the ferries (although I'm not sure how much spare electricity those boats generate).

Ok, that's it, the final straw... I'm going in to order $10 worth of stuff at SCNB every time I stop to charge at one of their locations now. That is just awesome that they continue to install these SuC locations on their property at such a quick pace. Other companies talk-the-talk about the EV transition but SCNB is walking-the-walk! 🥰

Someone needs to check the Moorehead city location to see if they are sneaking one in there too:
4114 Arendell Street,
Morehead City, North Carolina 28557

⚡⚡

This one appears to be a little behind in progress than the Garner and Warsaw location based on the 1 picture posted (Missing big green electric transformer in the middle of the picture) so I would guess it will still be a month or 2 before this one open up. Still not bad considering it isn't even listed on the Official Tesla Map. :cool:

Reactions: Big Earl and jsight
I had taken my boat to New Bern in 2018 for hurricane season. Turns out, BAD IDEA! Fortunately we suffered almost no damage, but the marina across the river was completely destroyed by Hurricane Florence. Apparently the pig farms up river flooded and drained chemicals and pig waste into the rivers for weeks, killing huge numbers of fish. We were scooping dead fish out of the marina for days until we finally gave up and got out of there.

Oh but Supercharger ... cool cool cool. You should definitely drive over to the old downtown if you go to New Bern. Check out their bears. There's a bunch of cool shops and some great restaurants.

Online per Tesla
Wow, yeah. Online per Tesla SuC Map website.
1630763400580.png

Not online with in car navigation:
1630763362487.png

@corywright @Chuq @MarcoRP

That was fast! ⚡