Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Haven, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just been informed by Bruce Becker (Hotel Marcel developer) that Tesla now has all 12 stalls operational at this location.

Also, to my amazement, Google Maps accepted my submission of this location (which I most definitely don’t own):
Tesla Supercharger
Tesla Supercharger · 500 Sargent Dr, New Haven, CT 06511

I got the address correct, 500 Sargent Dr, which is shared with Hotel Marcel. As for “located in”, they put IKEA (which is 450 Sargent Dr) but that’s actually kinda good for awareness, since IKEA is very visible from I-95, even if drivers are zooming by.

Finally, I’ll be in New Haven anyway tomorrow, so I’ll stop by to take then upload some photos to Google Maps at that time, hopefully showing all 12 stalls illuminated.
2022-11-29_10-13-45.png

Attachments

• 1669732059662.png
    1669732059662.png
    366 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Stopped there around 2 p.m. today. The first stall didn’t charge, but moved to another and that one worked fine.

Note that the hotel has no restaurants open at that time of day on weekdays. And one needs to walk around the front to find a public restroom, not the rear.
Great info, I’ll verify the schedule with Bruce, and will add comments about the restaurant hours on the Google Maps entry. My understanding is that at least the self-serve snack/coffee bar is open 24x7, but I’ll verify that as well.

It might be handy if there were signage at the Supercharger area, visible from all 12 stalls at night, indicating what amenities are available inside, including waste basket, bathrooms, and food options/hours, and whether there are surveillance cameras around. The idea would be to supplement what's available on the in car nav, and to safety for night travelers. Thoughts? I'm not sure many new and even seasoned Tesla owners realize the wealth of info available about Superchargers on the in-car nav screen by tapping those little symbols below each Supercharger location.

Last edited:
Great info, I’ll verify the schedule with Bruce, and will add comments about the restaurant hours on the Google Maps entry. My understanding is that at least the self-serve snack/coffee bar is open 24x7, but I’ll verify that as well.
We stopped briefly to use the restrooms. When I walked out I looked at some signage in the lobby that said what was open when; I didn't see the self-serve area, but that's probably my bad.

I went to the hotel; the S.O. went around the rear, got stopped by various fences and whatnot, and ended up in Ikea. Which has restrooms (natch), a restaurant that's open when the place is open, a fast-food joint near the registers near the exit, and, of course, more furniture and housewares than one can poke with a stick.

Near as I can tell there's no other dining within walking distance. Although, on the Monday when we came in, there were a dozen or so food trucks parked along Harborside Drive doing decent business. I figure that's a daytime thing and, for all I know, was special for that day. But that area's an easy 1/4 mile or more walk from the Superchargers and on the opposite side of I-95.

Not that it matters for the likes of us and our Superchargers, but there's three massive solar panel awnings over the rest of the parking lot where the SC's are. Hanging from posts and apparently hooked up to those panels are eight or so L2 J1772-based chargers, which would be good for a party staying overnight. I didn't catch the brand, but they apparently cost something.

Reactions: kayak1
We stopped briefly to use the restrooms. When I walked out I looked at some signage in the lobby that said what was open when; I didn't see the self-serve area, but that's probably my bad.

I went to the hotel; the S.O. went around the rear, got stopped by various fences and whatnot, and ended up in Ikea. Which has restrooms (natch), a restaurant that's open when the place is open, a fast-food joint near the registers near the exit, and, of course, more furniture and housewares than one can poke with a stick.

Near as I can tell there's no other dining within walking distance. Although, on the Monday when we came in, there were a dozen or so food trucks parked along Harborside Drive doing decent business. I figure that's a daytime thing and, for all I know, was special for that day. But that area's an easy 1/4 mile or more walk from the Superchargers and on the opposite side of I-95.

Not that it matters for the likes of us and our Superchargers, but there's three massive solar panel awnings over the rest of the parking lot where the SC's are. Hanging from posts and apparently hooked up to those panels are eight or so L2 J1772-based chargers, which would be good for a party staying overnight. I didn't catch the brand, but they apparently cost something.
Great info, thank you so much!

I have heard from Bruce that those L2 chargers are EV Connect (software) compatible charging stations that are being brought online today. I'll have a closer look and test one out tonight.

As for the food trucks, I found this, "Food Truck Paradise" at Long Wharf off I-95 exit 46:
This says "always open", I dunno about that:
one commenter wrote:
"Food Truck Paradise is open every day from 7 am to 7 pm, but it's up to individual trucks when they arrive and depart, or whether they park that day at all."

Directions, 0.3 mile drive (under I-95):
0.3 mile walk (under I-95):

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
From I-91 or I-95 South, Hotel Marcel's V3 250 kW Supercharger is 1.4 miles off I-95 highway exit 46:

From I-95 North, Hotel Marcel's V3 250 kW Supercharger is 0.9 miles off I-95 highway exit 46:

If you're on I-95 North, just 6 miles before this exit is the Milford Rest Stop with Tesla V2 Supercharging:
which is right along the highway, but it's 150 kW, so watch out for shared stall charging slowdowns.

If you're on I-95 South, just 6 miles after this exit is the other Milford Rest Stop with Tesla V2 Supercharging:
which is right along the highway, but it's only 150 kW, so watch out for shared stall charging slowdowns.

Reactions: kayak1
Just to confirm that it is on the nav as well. Hotel Marcel clearly is all-in. Supercharger, solar canopies, lots of L2 through EVconnect, and an an all-electric shuttle. Very cool.
View attachment 880173
View attachment 880174View attachment 880175View attachment 880176
The architect/builder is an all-in Tesla guy. He also did 777 main in Hartford years ago that has a supercharger, L2 charging, solar, and a hydrogen fuel cell that powers the building and provides it with hot water.

Reactions: theflyer
Just to confirm that it is on the nav as well. Hotel Marcel clearly is all-in. Supercharger, solar canopies, lots of L2 through EVconnect, and an an all-electric shuttle. Very cool.
View attachment 880173
The architect/builder is an all-in Tesla guy. He also did 777 main in Hartford years ago that has a supercharger, L2 charging, solar, and a hydrogen fuel cell that powers the building and provides it with hot water.
I love that location in downtown Hartford. You and others have told many stories about him. Glad to know he is associated with this project too.

View attachment 880173

I love that location in downtown Hartford. You and others have told many stories about him. Glad to know he is associated with this project too.
Honored to be one of those people telling the story of 777 Main too:
with more about the tech running Hotel Marcel coming soon! By the way, Bruce drives a Model S Plaid around these days :)

Reactions: theflyer
Reactions: tinkererguy