Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Jersey Turnpike Rest Areas - Molly Pitcher & Joyce Kilmer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first time at the Molly Pitcher was a bust. It was dark and raining and I overshot the parking lot where the Superchargers are. I pulled into the Sunoco gas station and asked the attendant where are the Tesla charging stations.

The attendant told me I had just passed them but I couldn’t drive to them because its a one-way road. The only way to get to the Molly Pitcher Tesla chargers was to get back on the NJ Turnpike, get off at the next exit, get back on the NJ Turnpike in the opposite direction and once again drive to the Molly Pitcher rest stop.

Out of frustration I abandoned the idea of Molly Pitcher and went to the SC off of Rt 195 where everything went smoothly. For the remainder of the trip my passengers and I could not stop making New Jersey jokes.

My first time at the Molly Pitcher was a bust. It was dark and raining and I overshot the parking lot where the Superchargers are. I pulled into the Sunoco gas station and asked the attendant where are the Tesla charging stations.

The attendant told me I had just passed them but I couldn’t drive to them because its a one-way road. The only way to get to the Molly Pitcher Tesla chargers was to get back on the NJ Turnpike, get off at the next exit, get back on the NJ Turnpike in the opposite direction and once again drive to the Molly Pitcher rest stop.

Out of frustration I abandoned the idea of Molly Pitcher and went to the SC off of Rt 195 where everything went smoothly. For the remainder of the trip my passengers and I could not stop making New Jersey jokes.

Actually that is true now thinking about it.

Electric utilities in the area have been located and flagged. New construction of the expansion might be starting soon.
Or it could have just been for site design surveys (i.e. surveys done to enable the making of a proper set of plans when doing the site design) which would happen well in advance of permit issuance and construction work.

Construction is well underway.

spoke to a worker who said they should be online by Oct 1.

8 stall V3 with 1 of them being a pull in.

Attachments

• 02BE25B3-7EE6-4B27-8F41-90776F217471.jpeg
    02BE25B3-7EE6-4B27-8F41-90776F217471.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 104
It was southbound, so I think Molly Pitcher is the one I was at.

I’m not a local and was just passing through while one of the construction crew was chatting me up about the car/charging costs. He said their team has been doing like 30+ of them in the region over the last year.

When I was there they were excavating to lay the conduit and another guy showed up with extra pvc as I was leaving.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
cool that they're working on this one, but if it was me, I probably would have started with the Clara Barton or John Fenwick (both on the southern end of the NJTP) to help alleviate the chokepoints of Newark, DE, North East, MD and Aberdeen, MD.

either way, hopefully the NJTP project picks up speed, so that we have more capacity in case people are traveling again by the Holidays.

cool that they're working on this one, but if it was me, I probably would have started with the Clara Barton or John Fenwick (both on the southern end of the NJTP) to help alleviate the chokepoints of Newark, DE, North East, MD and Aberdeen, MD.

either way, hopefully the NJTP project picks up speed, so that we have more capacity in case people are traveling again by the Holidays.

It’s better to take I-295 to Delaware Memorial Bridge and vica-versa on Exit 4 of NJTP as there are chargers in Marlton V3 and Paulsboro v2 which are not too busy. Also possible to take small detour to Deptford and Maple Shade SC locations if one wants to be adventurous.

I-295 is a wider road with no tolls for most part compared to NJTP after exit 3.

Reactions: Big Earl
It’s better to take I-295 to Delaware Memorial Bridge and vica-versa on Exit 4 of NJTP as there are chargers in Marlton V3 and Paulsboro v2 which are not too busy. Also possible to take small detour to Deptford and Maple Shade SC locations if one wants to be adventurous.

I-295 is a wider road with no tolls for most part compared to NJTP after exit 3.

Yea, but none of this helps you if you're headed southbound below the DMB.

White Marsh is nice.

In summer, I made it from Maple Shade to White Marsh with no issues. But that was June, when Covid was still killing off most traffic

It was southbound, so I think Molly Pitcher is the one I was at.

I’m not a local and was just passing through while one of the construction crew was chatting me up about the car/charging costs. He said their team has been doing like 30+ of them in the region over the last year.

When I was there they were excavating to lay the conduit and another guy showed up with extra pvc as I was leaving.

@MarcoRP @Chuq looks like we have another one under construction.

post #189 has a picture