Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Jersey Turnpike Rest Areas - Molly Pitcher & Joyce Kilmer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone emailed me this photo of the Joyce Kilmer side:

IMG_7216.JPG

Someone emailed me this photo of the Joyce Kilmer side:

View attachment 74739

This appears to the southern corner of the parking lot closest to the turnpike. I used the the existing electrical boxes behind the bed of the pickup and light pole as landmarks and then looked around on google street views. Here is a view from the other side via google

Google Maps

I think the three boxes wrapped in clear plastic could be the supercharger stall parts that are typically seen when digging begins. All just a guess at this point.

This appears to the southern corner of the parking lot closest to the turnpike. I used the the existing electrical boxes behind the bed of the pickup and light pole as landmarks and then looked around on google street views. Here is a view from the other side via google

Google Maps

I think the three boxes wrapped in clear plastic could be the supercharger stall parts that are typically seen when digging begins. All just a guess at this point.

They look more like the components of the Distribution Center (large, sophisticated, circuit-breaker box).

Not sure what you are seeing is any evidence of construction. I reached out to the Turnpike Authority to see why construction has been delayed and here is his response:

"[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Tesla is actually doing the installations themselves, so they can probably give you a better idea of their timetable. My understanding is they were interrupted a few times by the weather and made a decision a month or so ago to hold off until early spring. Work should be starting soon."[/FONT]

Great news! Latest update from the Turnpike Authority --

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]They were notified that Tesla plans to begin installation on the charging station at the Joyce Kilmer Service Area on Monday.
[/FONT]

Do we need four super chargers within 40 miles in North Jersey? How about a supercharger in Harrisburg PA or Allentown PA. Then there is Norfolk VA that would make travel across the Bay Bridge possible.

A number of location could use a supercharger pick a state, Maine for example.

Yah I know I know ---- soon