Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Milford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is likely under construction at the Route 7 Travel Plaza (291 Danbury Road) in New Milford CT. In this article from patch.com, it says the owner of the new travel plaza planned to include a Tesla Supercharger as part of the amenities. Lo and behold, I was able to find a permit for 8 V3 stalls in a permit issued July 27th. Will add on Supercharge Info.

AF41C012-EA91-4868-B44F-C3F26BAECE18.jpeg

DA68575F-B391-4C20-BD60-8DB8A2791C92.jpeg

726ED171-696A-447B-A4F1-EAB0F4C82821.jpeg

I'm kind of confused by these off-the-beaten path, far-from-the-interstate Supercharger installs up and down US7 in CT and MA. No one is doing a multi-hundred mile road trip that needs supercharging via this route. If you're going from CT to VT, you go up 87 or 91 and save several hours over Rt7.

I'm kind of confused by these off-the-beaten path, far-from-the-interstate Supercharger installs up and down US7 in CT and MA. No one is doing a multi-hundred mile road trip that needs supercharging via this route. If you're going from CT to VT, you go up 87 or 91 and save several hours over Rt7.

Money.

Affluent New Yorkers have homes there, and Tesla likely used travel data to select some of these weird spots.

Attachments

• Tesla-Supercharger-map-of-CT-Jan-05-2021-by-TinkerTry.png
    Tesla-Supercharger-map-of-CT-Jan-05-2021-by-TinkerTry.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • supercharge.info-map-of-CT-Jan-05-2021-by-TinkerTry.png
    supercharge.info-map-of-CT-Jan-05-2021-by-TinkerTry.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Nobody other than Tesla knows why a gray "coming soon" pin shows up on Tesla's supercharger map. Many are there as coming soon for years (although perhaps the validity of those coming soon pins is evolving given Tesla is now suggesting that info could be updated quarterly for at least some of the pins). The supercharge.info data is all crowdsourced by people across the world that devote time to searching online records for permits (blue pins) or evidence a site is under construction through visits or other verifiable evidence. So the supercharge.info map will have fewer pins, but the data tends to be "real".

EDIT: I should add... thanks for posting these two maps side-by-side. It is interesting to contrast the two. And also really great to see the progress that has been made in the Northeast in the past year, with signs that 2021 will have lots of continued progress!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobstahz