Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Orleans, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Looks like we finally have the location of the New Orleans Supercharger!!

An 811 ticket was filed 3 days ago for a site survey at the Jung Hotel, off I-10. No permits yet on the city's portal, as a site survey could be required for one to be filed.

The site is being done by Landsource, who has been their go-to for site surveys since 2018.

New Orleans.jpg

New Orleans, LA

Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Slidell, LA - 31.4 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles
To: D’Iberville, MS - 87 miles

US-90

To: Mobile, AL - 144.5 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Crestview, FL - 258.2 miles

FYI, that image came from the NO permit site at City of New Orleans | One-Stop Shop Permitting & Licensing ; you don't have to log in, just enter the address of interest (150 S Villere or 1500 Canal) into the search box at the top.

Quoting from that image: "level 2 of existing parking facility". So apparently this will be inside the parking deck on the southeast side of the street, not the open lot on the northwest side. I see now that this was already captured in the original permit image back in May, but now I'm pointing it out in case anyone else missed that like me.

Last edited:
The decision to place this supercharger at this location has always given me thought of being questionable regarding safety. Canal St has had numerous shootings, some during daylight recently. This particular end of Canal St. I personally feel is unsafe and this again is another unfortunate example .
I’m not so much worried about the random violence as the inconvenience of the traffic pattern on Canal. I used to have to drive this area every day and it’s a mess. And forget it during Mardi Gras or Saints or any big event.