Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Rochelle, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Google search yielded this nugget from the New Rochelle City Council meeting of February 14, 2017 (item 29, PDF page 4):

BE IT RESOLVED, that the City Council of the City of New Rochelle hereby authorizes the City Manager to negotiate and execute a contract with Tesla Motors Inc. relative to the installation of 8 charging stations at the New Roc Garage under the terms and conditions acceptable to the City Manager and Corporation Counsel.

Here is the location on Hueguenot Street between Harrison Street and Lecount Place..

If I recall you have to pay to park at that garage. I wonder if you would have to pay (the property owner) for the charging spots as well.

It appears the answer is yes. Here is one of the stipulations in the City Council resolution:

Whereas, the Tesla customers will pay the standard parking rate for the facility to the City when a vehicle is occupying the parking stall;

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla
If I recall you have to pay to park at that garage. I wonder if you would have to pay (the property owner) for the charging spots as well.

Revenue goes to the city.
Per their parking website, the garage rates aren't stipulated but the on-street rate is $0.25 for every 15 minutes; guessing the garage is similar. Don't think it would stop me from using it if I needed the charge.

Interesting. I understand the area does get a little dicey at night. During the day, it is very nice though.

Anyway -- I read in another forum the possibility that Tesla would consider deducting parking garage fees from the cost of supercharging. Anyone else hear that?

oh me either, just never heard of a charging spot requiring a fee to use (beyond paying tesla for energy if applicable). Can anyone think of another SC that requires this?

The Supercharger at the Savannah, GA airport requires that you grab a ticket upon entry. If the airport is open, you can go inside while charging, show them your Tesla key and they will validate your parking. If the airport is closed, pay the parking rate and drive on.

There are currently 2 j1772 (very slow, but hey it works and free parking) in the garage. I've been there several times and it is free to park as long as you're charging. I'm assuming it would be the same. Nice thing is they do ticket cars very fast if they are parked and not charging. I would think HPWCs would be better at these locations with proper signage, but let's see if these idle fees actually work.

Last edited:
There are currently 2 j1772 (very slow, but hey it works and free parking) in the garage. I've been there several times and it is free to park as long as you're charging. I'm assuming it would be the same. Nice thing is they do ticket cars very fast if they are parked and not charging. I would think HPWCs would be better at these locations with proper signage, but let's see if these idle fees actually work.

I have had terrible experience there I have only been able to charge 2 times out of 15 or more trips there the spots are always ICEd yea they might get tickets but I hope Tesla spots don't get all taken.

New Rochelle, NY

Interstates: I-95
US Numbered Highways: US-1

I-95:
To: Darien, CT - 22.1
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Milford (N), CT - 50.7

To: Greenwich (N), CT (I-95, Local, NY-HRP, CT-15) - 12.7 miles
To: Syosset, NY (I-95, I-695, I-295, NY-CIP, I-495) - 29.2 miles
To: JFK, NY (I-95, NY-HRP, I-678, NY-878) - 21.4 miles
To: Allentown, PA (I-95, I-78) - 116 miles
To: Tannersville, PA (I-95, I-80) - 100 miles
To: Paramus, NJ (I-95, I-80, NJ-4, NJ-17) - 25.8 miles
To: Tarrytown, NY (I-95, I-287) - 19.7 miles

A useful one for in-and-out travel, I think.