Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New York City - E 47th Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another couple of small NYC urban superchargers have appeared!

It would be nice if locals could check and see if these are more accessible than the Mott Street one!

(Other thread: Supercharger - New York City - W 75th Street )

upload_2018-4-24_8-1-32.png

Reactions: Bet TSLA
Walked by just now. 4 spots in ICON parking garage, can enter from either 46th or 47th street. No additional charge to 'charge', however first hour of parking costs ~$37, with each additional hour costing ~$5, so still paying for parking in NYC, not fun.

I live in Tribeca and park on the west side highway. Still more convenient / cheaper for me to take Holland Tunnel after hours and charge in the Mall at entrance of Holland Tunnel. Imagine same will be true with lot on Upper West Side, hopefully less $$ to park than in Midtown.

@TheU, the pic of the prices by @Shateam shows that the first hour is $27.03 not $37 that you indicated. Also, they note that the first 1/2 hr is $8.45. Even if they include the 18.375% tax it doesn't come out to $37 for the first hour.

<snip> No additional charge to 'charge', however first hour of parking costs ~$37, with each additional hour costing ~$5 <snip>

I stopped by too and took a few pics. The garage is quite small (1 floor) and according to the attendants, if a charger spot is ICE'd they will move the car and park your Tesla there to charge.
View attachment 296798

Also, IF a spot is ICE'd and they shuffle around some cars to make the charger available, do you end up paying for the time it takes for them to do this since or do they deduct that 10 or 15 minutes it might take them?

It's not the ICON garage, but iPark. If you are coming in on 47th go past the ICON garage on the right, the iPark garage will be on the left with a small driveway and a 212 sign. There is a Tesla sign on 46th which is a little easier to spot. I added some photos of the entrances on plugshare.

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

They moved a car and had me on the charger right away. They also had no problem figuring out the Model 3 key. It was $47 for ~4 hours mid-day, weekday.

301699.jpg

1CB1B19F-1383-4142-A620-1DA4CAF1F94D.png 861453A8-E23A-4BA2-9539-4BE9CA633055.png 1CB1B19F-1383-4142-A620-1DA4CAF1F94D.png Just an update on this guys.

I’m at the William Vale in Williamsburg while my car is at the supercharger here picking up some electrons.

regarding the iPatk garage on E 47th Street:

I found a $10 coupon on Best Parking (that looks like it is now using the ParkWiz interface unfortunately) — I requested 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM and it came back with a $10 for 8:30 pm extended for free all the way to 2 am (when the garage presumably closes??) which is a great deal!

I didn’t have all my ducks in a row regarding pricing at this location b/c I honestly forgot it existed. I checked out Mott st and Allen st before heading out ($15 and $20 respectively at those two garages) so I figured I’d go with the $5 at the William Vale which was a sure bet. It was only when I was looking at the Nav screen in my Model S that I noticed the 47th Street SCer but by then I was almost at the 59th st Bridge and I just took it to head towards LIC and then south towards the William Vale.

As an aside, the William Vale now charges $6 for an hour of parking rather than $5. But it remains the best deal in NYC IMNSHO.

I’ll probably need another charge in a week or so and I’ll try the E 47th st SuperCharger at that time.

I’m a little concerned about idle charging fees but I’ll try not to stay more than an hour so even if I get hit with a few, it won’t be terrible.

As a further aside, When i plugged into the William Vale SCer, my car started charging at 70 kW which is a record for me. I’m so so happy!!

I typed all this out on an iPhone. Sorry if there are tons of typos. Autocorrect owns me I’m sad to say.

I finally had a chance to check out the E 47th street SCer tonight.

I found a $13 parking coupon between 5 pm and 2 am which is more time than I need, but a pretty decent parking rate.

I had trouble connecting to my car through the app but was given notifications that it was in fact plugged in a few minutes after I dropped it off which made me happy.

my stats -- according to TeslaFi are:

Plugged in at 5:34 PM with 31 miles of Rated Range and unplugged 7:24 with 238 rated miles.

Max Volts and Amps were 360 V x 186.11 A or 66.9996 kW (67 kW according to TeslaFi near the very beginning of the charging session)
Average Volts and Amps were 358 V x 139.44 Amps or 49.91952 kW

not bad.

unfortunately 30 minutes in to my charging session -- where I was not able to connect to the Tesla App, but I was able to connect to TeslaFi -- and got this strange live-info from TeslaFi that the charge rate had dropped to 35 kW and that 90% won't e reached until 8:04 PM.

then around 6:50 pm I got a notification from the Tesla app that my car was at 80% and I may be charged Idle fees if my car sat at the SCer too long. Shhht...

what to do...?

I figured I would trust the TeslaFi info that said I would reach my 90% at 8:04 pm and just head back when I was ready. I am heading up to Sleepy Hollow tomorrow afternoon and TarryTown SC is near there so 90% wasn't super important here... I can just charge up tomorrow...

I unplugged at 7:25 PM with 238 RM so I did hut that 90% after all and the SC worked flawlessly without any slowing down like TeslaFi had said... I didn't hit 74 kW which is my best at the urban SCers, but 67 kW is pretty good.

I have a bad habit of not using the Tesla Nav b/c I prefer Waze so I didn't see how many SCers at this location were in use b4 I started my drive (stupid me) -- but I checked after I left and 2 of the 4 stalls were occupied AFTER I had left...

my heart totally sank. with me included there were probably 3/4 SC stalls occupied and I will incur some Idle Fees...

EEEEK...

I figure I was Idling for roughly 25 minutes... sucks... can someone help me figure out what I might get charged in Idling fees please?

I go in for service in mid Jan.. and the jury will pronounce its verdict.

TO BE CONTINUED..

I finally had a chance to check out the E 47th street SCer tonight.

I found a $13 parking coupon between 5 pm and 2 am which is more time than I need, but a pretty decent parking rate.

I had trouble connecting to my car through the app but was given notifications that it was in fact plugged in a few minutes after I dropped it off which made me happy.

my stats -- according to TeslaFi are:

Plugged in at 5:34 PM with 31 miles of Rated Range and unplugged 7:24 with 238 rated miles.

Max Volts and Amps were 360 V x 186.11 A or 66.9996 kW (67 kW according to TeslaFi near the very beginning of the charging session)
Average Volts and Amps were 358 V x 139.44 Amps or 49.91952 kW

not bad.

unfortunately 30 minutes in to my charging session -- where I was not able to connect to the Tesla App, but I was able to connect to TeslaFi -- and got this strange live-info from TeslaFi that the charge rate had dropped to 35 kW and that 90% won't e reached until 8:04 PM.

then around 6:50 pm I got a notification from the Tesla app that my car was at 80% and I may be charged Idle fees if my car sat at the SCer too long. Shhht...

what to do...?

I figured I would trust the TeslaFi info that said I would reach my 90% at 8:04 pm and just head back when I was ready. I am heading up to Sleepy Hollow tomorrow afternoon and TarryTown SC is near there so 90% wasn't super important here... I can just charge up tomorrow...

I unplugged at 7:25 PM with 238 RM so I did hut that 90% after all and the SC worked flawlessly without any slowing down like TeslaFi had said... I didn't hit 74 kW which is my best at the urban SCers, but 67 kW is pretty good.

I have a bad habit of not using the Tesla Nav b/c I prefer Waze so I didn't see how many SCers at this location were in use b4 I started my drive (stupid me) -- but I checked after I left and 2 of the 4 stalls were occupied AFTER I had left...

my heart totally sank. with me included there were probably 3/4 SC stalls occupied and I will incur some Idle Fees...

EEEEK...

I figure I was Idling for roughly 25 minutes... sucks... can someone help me figure out what I might get charged in Idling fees please?

I go in for service in mid Jan.. and the jury will pronounce its verdict.

TO BE CONTINUED..

Not all urban chargers incur idle fees. So far I’ve found self service ones to contain idle fees. Valet ones have not. I had one plugged in at max for over an hour without any fees (not by choice) but

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Not all urban chargers incur idle fees. So far I’ve found self service ones to contain idle fees. Valet ones have not. I had one plugged in at max for over an hour without any fees (not by choice) but

I agree that lots with Valets (where moving your car is out of your control in any case) should not be subject to Idling fees.