Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, CA (LIVE 19 Sep 2019, 16 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, will it start popping up on the map? Or does it need an update to do so?

It needs Tesla to test it and turn it on first. The transformer is a late step in the process but not the last one. Hold your horses, pardner. :)

Bruce.

PS. You’ll probably see a post in this thread from someone who actually got a charge, before you see it on the Nav or the mobile app, so stay tuned here.

Apparently, this Supercharger is finally OPEN. I’m getting these photos from user Pkim2 on PlugShare.
EDIT: user just told me this Supercharger is Open and working!!!
B70178B1-7180-40D9-810E-1F1149C4BE38.jpeg
712E2A96-7C1D-4B74-B800-F957FEA5F8E8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and mociaf9
Apparently, this Supercharger is finally OPEN. I’m getting these photos from user Pkim2 on PlugShare.
EDIT: user just told me this Supercharger is Open and working!!!

That's encouraging...what'd be even better would be if someone could get a picture of a Tesla actually charging there, rather than part of a Tesla plus a bunch of other vehicles ICE-ing the stalls. :confused:

Bruce.

Reactions: RubberToe
That's encouraging...what'd be even better would be if someone could get a picture of a Tesla actually charging there, rather than part of a Tesla plus a bunch of other vehicles ICE-ing the stalls. :confused:

Bruce.
I agree, but his answer as to whether they were open was rather convincing. Then again, a photo is worth 1 000 000 words!
92B230EC-FF9C-40D6-ACC0-62C750A01990.jpeg

The stalls are explicitly signed as being general parking without including any time limitations or even the caveat of "charging preferred." This was clearly done for a reason. Don't expect to find many free charging stalls there that often if you're visiting during hours when the cafe is busy.

This is an awful location. No idea how they picked it. I think a few stalls are marked ev charging only I believe.