Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's irritating, but I lay a great deal of the blame on the DE service center. What do those signs even mean? What's a "fuel efficient vehicle?" Compared to what?

I'd greatly prefer that they refrain from putting up weird and meaningless signs like these, because it increases the likelihood that people will see legit EV charging signs and misinterpret them as more of the same.

You're right, and I agree with you. Sorry about my "outburst". I was thinking more about people who block charging spots when the signage is clear. The fuel efficient signs are ambiguous and confusing.

For those of you who travel through here regularly, what's the worst day/time to hit this supercharger during the upcoming long weekend? (i.e. when is it most likely to have a line)
It correlates to overall traffic on the roads; when most people are likely to drive is when most Tesla owners are likely to drive. I usually leave either DC or New York at 5am and haven't had issues charging at 7am.

I stopped by the Newark SC to get some info about who to contact on the 'owner's end' to see if we can have more SCs added. All 4 stalls were full at about 4pm with one car waiting.
I do not know if there is a TM issue or landlord issue in getting more SC stalls there but I thought I would share the information about the landlord if anyone wanted to send them a nice note asking for more stations there and repainting the lines in from of the existing stations.

Ownership: HMSHost.com Is the website for the company. Site manager: Aaron Lawson, 530 JFK memorial Highway, Newark, DE 19720

Noon on Thursday, all four stalls were empty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 359
I always just try to park on one of the ends, then its easy. If I park in the middle, its only because the ends are occupied, and then you can just park next to the car on the end.

Coming home on Sunday, we just stopped for a quick bathroom break, as I was plugging in another car started trying to park, when we got back to the car they had switched spots and still weren't plugged in yet.

Almost ICEd by a Model S.

IMG_3840.JPG

I arrived at Newark and 3 of 4 spots were taken. I'm the blue car in spot #4.

The car in spot #3 had parked inside the lines, but was WAY over to far to the right. Their SC cable was stretched and bent just to plug in their car. I wasn't sure if there was room for me to park and get the SC cable to reach my car. So I back into the last stall spot and just luckily the SC cable can reach around to barely fit into my car. And I mean *barely*. I waited around to find the driver of that car to explain that the lines are all wrong, but I could never find them. You can see car #1 and #2 are parked properly.. I'm surprised that when trying to plug in #3 he/she didn't realize there's a lot of space to their right to move their car back into proper position. Of course, it might have been someone ELSE mis-parked in spot #2 that pushed them to the right, and then me to the right.

Regardless, these messed up lines need to be fixed!!!

What I do is try to leave as much space for other drivers as possible, so on the left park as close to the curb, on the right, park in the lines (the cord just barely reaches). If I have to take any of the middle spots I park reasonably close to the driver on the left or right to leave enough room for the next person.