Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics courtesy of @Bhuwan
6de84b85b6e8d493096079d37304b4fe.jpg
8183eff190c7c6e7ab14a167725802eb.jpg
3b5a4a978201ae568e14b4f685c0a981.jpg

This supercharger is at an island in the middle of the highway.
Bhuwan didn't specify but I think based on the second picture
that this is on the same side of the building as the existing supercharger
but slightly north of the existing location.

So if the semi wasn't blocking the view you could potentially see the
other superchargers.

I know it's an island.. the existing SCs are on the "southbound" side of the island.

The Starbucks kiosk is more on the NB side of the parking lot, and Bhuwan said "In front of the new Starbucks" so I'm wondering if it's on the NB side.

At least it's far from the main building, so ICEing won't be much of a problem anymore.

I know it's an island.. the existing SCs are on the "southbound" side of the island.

The Starbucks kiosk is more on the NB side of the parking lot, and Bhuwan said "In front of the new Starbucks" so I'm wondering if it's on the NB side.

At least it's far from the main building, so ICEing won't be much of a problem anymore.

Well, that's where they are now. It may be they are just unloading/staging everything in a fairly out-of-the-way part of the lot. Would make sense to have them next to the other ones, if only so you didn't have to drive to two different spots in order to see if there was space available.

I imagine utility hookups would be easier, too.

Of course, maybe they are moving all of them. That bottom pic seems to show at least five boxes with the pedastals inside them, right? Presumably there are eight? That isn't dispositive, because they probably are upgrading the old ones.

Once things progress a little more, would love to know how many chargers and where they'll be exactly. I assume somewhere in the red area below. I HOPE the location that delanman saw wasn't just where they dropped things for the time being and they plan on putting them in the same spot as where the existing chargers are but on the other side of the build. While I hope they are on the northbound side, I sure hope they're not right in front of the service plaza building like southbound.

My guess.jpg

While the 'icing' situation has gotten dramatically better...it would be best to locate them in the 'Starbucks' parking lot as while it is centrally located to North/South travel it is not in a heavily parked area.

While the 'icing' situation has gotten dramatically better...it would be best to locate them in the 'Starbucks' parking lot as while it is centrally located to North/South travel it is not in a heavily parked area.

True.

Would like to get a count on total number of pedestal boxes and total number of Supercharger cabinets (those big grey things), if anyone is passing through. It's kind of hard to gel from the pics how many there are.